Color-changing Shoes?

VANlLLA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hey everyone my name is Vani.  I just got started on Second Life and I've found my way around it pretty well so far....but when I got to the shoes It just gave me a headache.

I bought these shoes that allows you to pick the color of the shoes, the nail color, and the skin color using special HUD's. but when i wear those and the boxes pop up to change the color, they don't work.  I can't click anything on those boxes and nothing happens.

Help me!

If the dialog boxes pop up at all, then you're in an area where scripts will work.  Is it pretty laggy, though?   When you click a button, the dialog box should close.  If it doesn't, then either the script is busted, or everything is so laggy that it's taking too long to make a color change.  Try doing it in a nice quiet sim, like Pooley or Smith.  If it still doesn't work, get in touch with the merchant that you bought the shoes from and ask for help.

Rolig Loon wrote:

or everything is so laggy that it's taking too long to make a color change.  Try doing it in a nice quiet sim, like Pooley or Smith.  If it still doesn't work, get in touch with the merchant that you bought the shoes from and ask for help.

^ This ^  I've had it happen a lot...try another time or do as Rolig says, go to another sim...it'll work eventually

• 4 months later...

First day in 2nd life and yeah I'm getting the same headache, All other avatar modifications though laggy do seem fine and get there in the end, but the shoes I've tried over and over, I can't even change from what I'm wearing let alone get funky with colors. Unless I get some help with this 'm worried I'm gonna spend the rest of my life in VR as that dude with one pair of worn out student creps, cmon peeps it will be worth helping just to see my planned red and black leopard print platforms on the disco floor :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.