Business class LL Homes

Jaidyn Piers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Premium members can make business in the mainland and in private regions. The Linden homes were not created for that and doing business there is stricly forbidden. I don't know of any LL project for business Linden homes.

Here's the covenant as a reminder:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Home_Covenant

way way back in the days of xstreet LL sent out a survey about xstreet/shopping and there was an idea put about by LL about having sims exclusively for xstreet merchants to use it might not have been a premium perk but it was suggested any xstreet merchant could have a free single small shop with a few prims since then the idea hasn't gone any further

i don't think sl business people need a premium business home they could just use their linden home as an office i have noticed some of my neighbours stow their magic boxes in their linden homes or they could buy a 512 slice of mainland which has no covenant restrictions

• Like 1

Anyone who wants to be succesful in business in SL should get to know SL a little bit.

Anyone who knows SL a little bit knows that there is a huge range of land available for all purposes.

And they probably want to design and/or adjust their own building.

So they don't want a small, restricted, offering from LL.  They just buy their own land where they want and put whatever building(s) on it that they want.

• Like 1

That sounds an awful lot like corporate welfare to me.  The Linden Home program is there for Premium members to have a small place to call their own.  The intent is not to provide a free space to make your "fortune" in SL.........if you want to do that then you can purchase some Mainland, purchase your own estate, or rent either Mainland or Estate land that allows such uses for the land.  Linden Homes are homes for residents.......not shops for business purposes.  It's free so why would any business give away something for someone else to make a profit.  That's not the way business works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.