Rezzed an item, nothing appeared, and lost item completely...Seller wants no responsiblity.

BiancaLea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I purchased an item from marketplace.  Received it no worries.  Rezzed it on my land, wearing my land tag.  Nothing appeared on the floor.  No box, no dance balls.  Not a trace.  Looked in my inventory for the exact item..Nothing?!  Please, can someone assist.  Seller is taking no responsibility.  Told me to look for it, clear my cache thats all.  Its apparent, once she has your lindens, the transaction is over.  Gosh, I thought this was Second Life, why do people take their second life so serious?...Honest, its not like she manually puts every single dance pose together!!...$$400Linden down the drain.  So long as the seller gets her money, she doesn't care much for her customers.  Anyway...back to the problem..haha..Can someone please help?

Ta Bianca :))

4 answers to this question

Try sending in a ticket using MARKETPLACE as the category. Explain your problem and they may help you. Most vendors will, but not all unfortunately. Especially if it was a non-transfer item, I see no reason at all not to resend. We do lose things when rezzing. It doesn't happen as often as it used to, but not an uncommon occurrence. You could possibly have it returned, but mine never have been.

Here is the link to send in a ticket.  https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

LL can resend the item from the magic box at their discretion. Good luck.

I remember an issue with 'ghost' prims, stuff that would not show up anywhere BUT if you bumped into it you would have the physical shape there! ANother issue, maybe the seller accidentaly made the box transparent?

If you have the advanced and developer (or maybe they changed the name again lol) menu's enabled you might be able to see it by using the menu choice for showing transparent object.

For some reason I am thinking the key combo to turn this on is ctrl+T or ctrl+alt+t....I just can't remember. It is in the menu's, but I don't have SL on this Operating system...hhhm. Oh well, either way you might try that. Otherwise I would try the bug report thing or tech support, because this could be something similar to the thing with the 'ghost' prims.

You also might try autoreturning the item, if you can. This would put it in the inventory again. I must be a no copy item. I can't imagine how else....maybe it was deleted by LL for ip infringemet claims at the very time you rezzed it! lol. Not sure.

Sorry, but as the item was delivered safely, I don't think it is right to demand the merchant to deliver again. It would be wrong to hold a merchant to account for problems that occur in Second Life after the purchase transaction was completed. The purchase of the item proceeded correctly and no loss occured during the transaction - the problem occured later. The non-appearance of this item is now a Linden Lab problem but it is my guess that you will get little satisfaction from approaching them. In the past I have lost a great deal of inventory due to lag and inventory loss and, sadly, I have just had to "take it on the chin"

BiancaLea wrote:

...Gosh, I thought this was Second Life, why do people take their second life so serious?...Honest, its not like she manually puts every single dance pose together!!.

• Why are you taking it so seriously then?
  • How do you know she didn't put each dance pose together, someone has to!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.