Major Security/Password Question!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone,

Basically i believe someone has tried to log into my second life name....i received and email at 08:55 with the following.

Harlee Fallen,

Click the link below to reset your password.

(link to reset password)

If clicking does not work, you can copy and paste the link into your Web browser. Once you have gone to the link, we will give instructions for resetting your password.

Linden Lab and the Second Life Team

(Your IP Address: an italian i.p address -i dont live in italy-)

I did not request my password to be reset and nor do i live in italy so i'm not sure as to how an italian I.P address showed up as 'my i.p' this is obviously extremely scary.... what is it i should do?

It's also possible that some entered the wrong name and tried to do a password reset.  You then get the email to change your password.

I've done that in the past, accidentally tried the wrong account name and hit the "reset password" thing and it sent an email to that person.  (other systems, not SL)

also the perosn did it twice...so...i dont know if it was an accident i do believe someone tried to get my info....

maybe just threw typing my name and thinking my account would be on hold...not sure...but there i.p address was given to linden labs so they'll investigate..

also come to the conclusion its not a fishing site just....someone tried to reset my password.

Harlee....I suggest you log into your SL account asap, using the official link, not the one provided in the email, and reset your password. Then keep a very close eye on any credit cards associated with your account. The people here are right, and I bet you never were taken to the official site, only the phishing site which would look identical.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.