My ex partner continues to sell my products at ridiculous prices.

Juanjo Greggan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have problems with a ex partner who continues to sell my products at ridiculous prices.
That is, making a competition unfair with me.
At the time, I had to send the items to him so he put them in vendors (my mistake, should´nt have done this).
But my question is, even if the wrong sent  items to him, as I do some kind of blockage of these items?
Have any way to make him stop?

8 answers to this question

Now that he has the items and they are in his vendors, he is the owner.  He can do anything he wants with them.  As far as I can see, your only way to beat him at his game is to do what one major shoe designer did three years ago (1) Offer the items yourself for free (possibly with a discount coupon for some other great item, to make the freebies move fast) and (2) Develop a completely new product that will outdo anything you made before and gave to him.

• Like 1

Well, L$11 is barely more than 4 cents. That's almost free. The creator of those sculpties won't allow you to sell the full-perm sculpties as sculpties, but when they have your textures on them, that's a different matter. Make your textured sculpties no-mod so that the buyer can't rip the texture or get the bare sculpty, and then give them away. Your ex-partner's copies will be worthless.

So he's selling the third-party sculpties, which are full-perms, but they are textured with your work, which he doesn't have?

DMCA (sorry about DCMA in my original post) is the only thing you can do. LL will close him down, he'll counter-claim and LL will release his stuff again. Then you'll have to decide whether it's worth taking him to RL court or not.

The thing is - unless it is worth RL legal action it's really something you have to handle just in SL terms. LL won't get involved and Rolig has the best advice

• Like 1

Hey Peter, TY very much for your help. Never would move a legal action against him in RL. The SL value involved is too small for that. And have the fact that I live in Brazil and not in North America. The question is that. I treat my SL as SL, that is just for fun not for profits. But of course im disappointed by the actions of a guy such as this. You spend hours creating, sometimes even days to develop something. Then someone comes and magically starts to sell its scription. Yes, he probably didnt have the sculps, but it is easy to acquire. But he is smart, the items he sells are all with my name as the constructor. What would be hard (and i think impossible) he get my textures. Now, i'm researching, i was told that there is a way to block just my textures by LL. I know all that things became difficult for me, even by my own naivety. I understand that I'm very bored with this. But it's normal that we jealous of our creations. I'm trying the best way to do, i dont know. All this to me is like an outflow and lest anyone be so silly as i was.

If you are the creator of these items you will be listed as such.  If the only reason you gave them to him was for him to place them in vendors while you were in business together you have a legitimate claim since that business no longer exists.

Do you have logs of conversations you had with him where you discussed the use of these items? Do you have a partnership contract? 

Even if you do not I would suggest sending him a cease and desist in a NC notifying him that he must stop selling your items immediately and warn him that if he does not you will file a complaint against him with LL.  Be sure so document that you sent it to him (transaction records) and log any responses; you can use them if you do have to file a complaint.

Good luck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.