Needing Simple Full Perms Online Script

Morgaine Christensen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not a scripter...I scream and faint at the sight of the alien language...I am looking for a simple script I can add to an object to let others know certain persons are online....like Green they are on....Red they aren't.   I need this for RP Sim Administrators so folks can know who is around.

There is one on the LSL Wiki ((http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Online_Indicator)) but I don't want it to do all that....I just want one that shows if they are on or offline.  I couldn't find anything that simple at marketplace.  Any other suggestions where to look?

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Wanted/bd-p/Wanted

"Show", "they" are on or offline - it's the "how does it show?", "who are they?" questions that make this more than completely simple (although probably not particularly difficult either)

If you don't get want you want from the wanted forum post again there and/or in in-world employment to hire a scripter to write this for you.

what about this script 

key ownerkey;string ownername;default{    on_rez(integer start_param)    {        llResetScript();    }        state_entry()    {        ownerkey = llGetOwner();        ownername = llKey2Name(ownerkey);        llSetTimerEvent(30.0); //check every 30 seconds        llRequestAgentData(ownerkey, DATA_ONLINE);    }    timer()    {        llRequestAgentData(ownerkey, DATA_ONLINE);    }        dataserver(key request, string data)    {        if (data == "1")        {                                llSetText(ownername + " is Online", <0,1,0>, 1);        }        else        {                llSetText(ownername + " is in Real Life", <1,0,0>, 1);        }    }}

it's from one of Alicia Stella's free script NC's i'm sure you can find them all on the marketplace or her inworld store it's nothing more than floating text that gives online status the people that you want to show the online status of would have to have their own prim with the script in rezzed to get their status. i use this script in an item i have rezzed inworld 

See the example at https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlRequestAgentData . Make the tiny change of asking for DATA_ONLINE instead of DATA_NAME, and make a cosmetic change in the llSay statement so that it says

llSay(0,"The online status of the person you are looking for is " + data);

If it says "1", the person is online; if it says "0", the person isn't.  That's about as simple as you're going to get. If you want something fancier. you can ask for a scripter's help in the Wanted section of the Commerce forum.

*screams and faints*

Thank you one an all...first script works and what I need...too late to try to wrap my brain around the 2nd one....will need to do that in in the morning just because I need to try...to wrap my head around changing it.  Maybe learn something in the process.  There are just some things that do not compute like scripts and making sculpties in my little brain.

Again, my thanks! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.