Multiple items for skirts

Marybeth Cooperstone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use the "add" function to wear multiple pieces of clothing on the same layer. For example, I may have a bra and a cami that are both on the "undershirt" layer, and a jacket, belt, and necklace on the "jacket" layer.

However, I can not do the same thing on the skirt layer (I use system skirts). For example, I had a belt that was made as skirt. When I was wearing a skirt and I "added" the belt, my skirt disappeared, showing my panties. Taking the belt off, my skirt came back. Same when I wear a short skirt, add a longer skirt, and add a belt.

The software knows that I have several items on the Skirt layer, but only the last one added shows, while the others are invisible.

The undershirt, underpants, pants, shirt, and jacket layers seem to work OK.  Is there any fix for this coming?

Hi. Have you tried moving the layers up or down?

For example, when wearing multiples of the same item, such as a shirt, you can go into My Appearance > Wearing and click on the wrench icon at top right (Edit this outfit). Then if you hover over something you are wearing multiples of, in this example shirt layers, an arrow will appear, giving you the option to move that item up or down. Maybe your belt layer is on top of the skirt and is therefore overriding it in visibility, maybe moving the skirt to be above or below the belt item will help.

You could also try to wear the belt first then add the skirt and see if that helps, which is the same effect, only a different way of doing it.

Helium:

Thanks. I created a JIRA. Thanks for the link. I was not at all familiar with the JIRA system, so that was a big help. I hope I get results.

Charlotte:

I just tried that. I have a slip (just a white skirt 50% transparent) so I tried that, a belt (extremely, extremely short black skirt), and a yellow skirt. Which ever was on top, all other items on the layer would disappear. With the slip on top, the yellow skirt and the belt would disappear. Remove the slip, and the next item would appear. Remove it, and the next one would appear. Also, the belt would have to be on top or else the skirt would cover it. But thanks for the suggestion.

Anita:

Thanks, I tried wearing nothing but a skirt and the belt. Again, only the top item would be shown. (made me look x rated with a belt and nothing else :matte-motes-big-grin-wink: ) So it doesn't have anything to do with the maximum number of layers or items on a layer. I normally wear multiple items on a layer, and all other layers but skirt work.

You are absolutely correct, I just tried with the skirt layers and only one is visible at a time. Odd.

I did discover a whole new way of trying on clothes though! From My Appearance (t-shirt icon) > Wearing > Wrench Icon (Edit this outfit) at the very bottom is an Add More button. Clicking this lets you sort all your wearables in your inventory by type! Such as shirts, or eyes or tattoos etc. It even has a search field. Yay!

I have also seen the same problem. The reason it affect me is that I would like to have a skirted suit with a jacket that is over the skirt. I was hoping that I could make a jacket with two clothing items-the jacket itself and the bottom part of the jacket that would be on the skirt layer and on top of the actual skirt. However, when I added the jacket bottom the skirt disappeared. When I took off the jacket bottom, the skirt reappeared.

I hope it will be fixed so my avi can wear skirted suits (with jackets that fall over the skirt) rather than just pants suits and short jackets with skirts.

"I hope it will be fixed so my avi can wear skirted suits (with jackets that fall over the skirt) rather than just pants suits and short jackets with skirts."

That is the primary reason to want multiple itemson the skirt layer. In RL I wear pants suits about 1/2 the time, and skirted suits about as much. But in SL I cannot wear jackets and skirts together because the skirt is over the bottom part of the jacket. I would like to have, in my "outfits" jackets (on the jacket layer) and jacket bottoms (on the skirt layer). The only problem is that when I wear that outfit the jacket works ok but the skirt disappears.

Making a belt for a dress as a separate wearable, as a very, very short skirt would be nice, but it is the jacket/skirt problem that is most serious.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.