Build my own business,- SL with classroom and features to help me train people,- please help ;-)

JaneOlga

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all ;-)

I'm new in this (totally new),- but I have some goals and ideas with SL that I need some help with. I expect to develop the traditional Face to Face training,- with sessions in SL, so we don't have to meet in real life every time (time and money), So many ideas,- but not much technical experience. The easy way out is not do do anything, because it is to difficult to navigate and build up business inhere,- but on the other hand, I (we) could miss out an opputunity to marketing the many options SL have in building a great interface and therefore a good place to supplement Face to face training.

Will anybody help me?

Best regards

Jane  

Hi, Jane and Kayleigh, I am fairly new to SL as well, and I am also interested in teaching in SL. I am learning to build things and do some scripting. I have pretty good technical skills, but as I said, I am new to SL and still have a lot to learn. I would like to build my own space to bring my students to, and I would love to network with people who are teaching in SL, or who want to build a space, to share ideas. Jane, I will answer any questions I can. Thanks, chuctanunda

I'd have a look at all those educational places in SL and would attend some classes there as well. Then you get a feeling about what is possible in SL and how it can be done - some of those institutes here have several years of experience in teaching in SL ;-) There is an annual conference about "Virtual World Best Practices in Education" (VWBPE), but there are others too.  If you like some starting points IM me inworld (I'm on european timezone though)...

Best regards..

Also you might want to check out Ginny business center  we have meeting rooms and office spaces of different types, if you rent a office for your  presence in sl you get free use of the , 4 smaller meetng rooms we have also the large conference hall.

The perpose of the center is to provide space and places to meet,   there fully furnished, with prims for your personal things,.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.