Weird time schedule-looking for friends who are around then

Akaylee Nightingale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiyas!

I've been in SL now for around 3 months and I am having a hard time meeting people who are around when I am.  I work nights during the week and am off Friday and Saturday.   I've met a few people-hooray Saturday night discussion group but most of the time when the meeting is over, everyone is off to bed.  I live in the Pacific time zone but as I said I work nights so even my days off I'm usually up all night and sleep for several hours during the day. 

I'm a night owl on my days off.  I speak English and very little Spanish.  I am an older than many here (51 not shy about that) and yes someday's I feel all of my 51 years and others I feel older or much younger than that.  I've been told I'm funny and "hip" If that can be counted as a recommendation.  I like most kinds of music, love to play games, chat, shop,fish, goof off and explore but am relatively shy until I get to know you.  

SL is fun but it gets mighty lonely doing hunts or shopping or going dancing by myself. Not looking for romance I have that in my first life .  Just friends, companionship, conversation and laughter.

Look forward to hearing from anyone-age, sex,sexual orientation, race doesn't matter. I have an open mind and a big heart to share with others.

Akalee (pronounced Ah-kay-lee)

What hours are you generally awake in SL time? I regularly visit a European-based sim, Beau Belle Village, so that would be +9 or +10 hours SL time. That might work for you if you're a night owl on Fridays and Saturdays; folks on the sim will probably be awake at the same time Saturday and Sunday mornings. We have two main hangouts -- Belle's Coffee Shop and the Leonard Cohen Club, and are getting in live musicians on Sundays. Please look us up and stop by!

Akalee wrote:

I live in the Pacific time zone but as I said I work nights so even my days off I'm usually up all night and sleep for several hours during the day....  

Not looking for romance I have that in my first life .  Just friends, companionship, conversation and laughter.

That's not a weird time to people that live in Australia and Asia. You should try the slex, that's really the glue that holds SL together, and the weirder the better. Did that make you laugh? 

As I said in an earlier reply, try visiting Beau Belle, specifically the Leonard Cohen Club and Belle's Coffee Shop, on Friday and Saturday nights. It's a Europe-based sim, so when you are on late those nights, folks in Europe will be up Saturday and Sunday mornings. I'm East Coast time, and you can also look for me in SL after 9 p.m. (6 p.m. SLT) most weekdays and throughout the day on weekends. The people in Beau Belle are very friendly and welcome visitors. I'm a newbie myself (joined SL August 10 -- about 6 weeks ago) but I like Beau Belle so much I've already rented a house there!

Oh, no, I didn't mean to imply that the Europeans would be awake at 5 p.m. SLT! Heck, if Akalee is on at 5 p.m. Pacific/SLT, then all us East Coast folks will probably be around, checking in after work. I just was noting that since Akalee is free on Fridays and Saturdays and is a late-night person in general, staying up really, really late Friday and Saturday nights (actually, I guess that would mean staying up until the early hours Saturday and Sunday mornings) would work to catch the folks on my sim. Sorry for the confusion!

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.