Group Status for deactivated accounts...

Daisy Meriborne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have my own group that I created for friends etc. Recently someone in my group deactivated their account, which caused their name to no longer show up in my group without them leaving or me ejecting them. Then suddenly their name just reappeared in my group without me inviting them...does this mean that they reactivated their account and that's why their name is in my group again? If someone deactivates or cancels their account I know they dont show up in search but how exactly does it effect their name being shown in groups etc...

If you cancel an account, you can request that it be reactivated for a nominal fee (I think it is around USD9 -USD10).  The longer one waits to reactivate an account, though, the less likely one will have the complete inventory one had with that avatar prior to canceling.

This is one reason you may see people here suggest that basic account holders never cancel.  Premium account holders can go from premium to basic account and leave the avatar 'active' as well.

all account references remain after an account is cancelled to prevent reference problems for items like created content, and apparently, groups... the only thing that really changes is items that are sublinked from that account (ie that accounts inventory).

early missteps in this process where accounts were completely wiped from the database were the source of many problems including items with no creator (which can still be found floating around)

Venus Petrov wrote:

Interesting.  Their KB reads USD 9.95 to reactivate.

lol, it's just like LL to not follow their own rules...I've cancelled numerous times, the last time just recently after being gone for two months...I've never been charged a reactivation fee.  They verify some info with me and turn me on :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.