Difference in Sales Now & a Few Months Ago......

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

A few months ago I started selling my stuff in the Second Life Marketplace...........

For a few months I sold around 3 or 4 items a week........Not much but enough to keep a small store open without having to spend money on rental.......

Starting about 2 months ago or so my sales plummeted to maybe 2 items in 2 months and I haven't sold any in several weeks......Can anyone tell me why sales have changed so much?........Is there something different in the Marketplace I am not aware of?.........As far as I can tell my product is still showing in searches at the Marketplace.

Thanks for any advice or help

There may be a combination of things but you have already ruled out Search.  As I did not know your shop name, I checked out your profile.  I thought your shop was the one listed in your picks but that shop has no MP presence that I can see.  So, I searched MP on your name and found your items.

Issues could be related to:

Pricing -- how do your offerings compare to those of your competition?

Who are your customers? Your group is quite small so I hope you have a subscriber list and know to whom you are selling.  You could ask your customers what they would like to see in terms of new items and/or pricing.

The general economy has caused many sellers to feel the pinch.  You could try featuring an item each week to set at a 'sale' price to your group members/customers.

You might try putting your own shop in your profile picks.

Sales vary all the time.  If you have a small selection of items, a relatively low profile, or not many repeat customers, you can expect huge swings from one month to the next.  I have a half dozen items that account for a lot of my sales volume in Marketplace (and different ones that account for the bulk of sales in my in-world shop -- go figure), and that are pretty steady from one month to the next.  Some other items can sit there for months untouched or can enjoy a short burst of popularity and sell like hotcakes. It's taken me a long time to grow that short list of steady selling items.  If I didn't have them, I'm sure I'd see the same fluctuations you are.

I don't know about fluctuations -- as Rolig says, that's normal.

But as regarding your low sales in general:

* Your pictures are too tiny to see details

* Your product line is not cohesive.

* I can't figure out what you are selling in each listing - the main item and then a bunch of unrelated items called "The Neverending"?

What Pamela said - I also think your pictures is too small. I was looking at a skybox, trying to zoom in, but the other pictures was not from that skybox, but other products you sell. That is a big drawback, I can't see what I am buying. 85 prims is a bit high for just a box, I need to see the furniture too.

It is a tough competition, and the summer is always seeing a drop in the sales. You have to beat all the 99L promos with beautiful pictures. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.