Scalp shows through -- or does it?

Victoria1488304562

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I love the hair I'm wearing in my avatar picture, but it does one weird thing: sometimes when I zoom out, or see my avatar from a little distance, it looks like my scalp is showing through my hair at the crown of my head.

Then, when I zoom in to adjust it, it looks fine and the hair is covering my scalp.

Is this something I need to fix, or is it just some kind of rezzing problem? (or...?)

4 answers to this question

It's an LOD problem.  Set your LOD to something higher than the default (which is about 1.0, I believe).  Try 3.5.  In Firestorm, you can set it very quickly with the QuickPreferences button on your lower taskbar.  If you're not using Firestorm , you can get to it from your Advanced (CTRL + Alt + D) menu >> Debug Settings >> llRenderVolumeLOD.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it's just a rezzing issue.  You'll probably find that it becomes ok when you just edit it, even without zooming in.  It's all down to the Level Of Detail (LOD) used to draw things at different distances or when they are focused/unfocused.

It's maddening but you can either ignore it or try to get a 'best' view at different distances, trying to second-guess what other people, at other ranges, will see :-(

( /me waves to Rolig - you beat me to it :-) )

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.