5-15 fps (30 - 70%) Perf drop with ALL mesh viewers - FBO Problem?

Trinity Dejavu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm running pre mesh viewer 2, official and firestorm.

All viewers that support mesh (version 2.8 or greater) that I can find (TPV and official) run with a 5 - 15 fps drop on identical settings, in fact, reducing settings does not restore performance.

I am suspecting that this is because FBO is turned on all the time in viewers over 2.8 (or at least the option to turn it off seems to have vanished).

This is exceptionally frustrating as I've tried everything I can thing of and every alternative I can find. The drop in performance is not someting I can just live with, Help!!!!

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz (2194.5 MHz)

Memory: 3070 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)

Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation Graphics Card: GeForce 8700M GT/PCI/SSE2

Performance is seriously degraded for most people using a Mesh enabled viewer.  The LL viewer as released remains buggy, and you may have noticed they haven't incremented the release to 3.0.1 or 3.0.2, partly because those releases offerred no improvement and in some areas were worse.  It seems like LL are using resident performance/crash stats and feedback to enable them to fix Viewer 3.  Viewer 2 was released way before it was ready, and it seems that LL have continued this approach with Viewer 3.

Those of us using the 3.0.5 dev version are seeing some improvements but the software still has many weeks of work to even come close to how it was before mesh integration.

• 5 years later...

I have an NViDIA GTI660 TI card  and after installation of fs (32 bits and 64 bits) frames were dropping to 2.5.

It starts at 77 fps then after a while a few minutes  it dropped to 2.5 then it went up to 77 fps.

I noticed some time between them so I checked for logging.

And It works for me now open firestorm and goto the debug settings

ctrl-alt-shift-s
MemoryLogFrequency 0 (default 600)

Somehow its related to huge fps drop and now i can use firestorm again. :)

I hope it will help you too!

1 hour ago, InternetHITS said:

I hope it will help you too!

6 yr old thread... yes that will help a lot, it will be totally down in search within two days till next one finds a shuffle and digs it up.

It has no use to put it in old threads, SL's server and viewer code is rewritten 200 times after that date...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

6 yr old thread... yes that will help a lot, it will be totally down in search within two days till next one finds a shuffle and digs it up.

It has no use to put it in old threads, SL's server and viewer code is rewritten 200 times after that date...

Alwin! Its not 6 yrs old until Sept 10th! Get serious man! :P

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.