sl viewer 2 new release 3.0 crashes on login

JoeC Mixmaster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok i know there have been similar posts but...

After the latest release of the sl viewer, 3.0.0, every time i try and log in, no matter where i try and start, it iwll do the loading screen, then when it is about to show me in world the viewer just suddenly closes no warning, I can't figure out why, I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times with no results, I have resulted to using viewer 1.23, as that is the only one that works for me at the moment, i would really like to ues viewer 2 though, as taht has more features and allows ofr more group space, does anyone have suggestions on what I shoudl do? I've also cleared cache logs and everything after uninstalling.

4 answers to this question

If it is just the latest mesh release viewer that is crashing, you can still use the v2 prior to that. You can switch off the automatic updates in preferences so that it doesn`t keep updating to 3.0. You can get 2.8.3 here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Supported_Viewers

There are a couple of bugs with the latest one that could be causing your problems. Do you have a NVidia series 400 graphics card or a CPU that does not have SSE2?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.