Purchasing an avatar from market

Jiipsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Of course! Create a folder in your inventory for you current avatar and name it something you can remember and know what it is. Put that folder somewhere you can find it, like in your clothing or bodyparts folder. Or, like I do, use the outfits feature and create an oufit, in which you have your current shape, hair, skin, eyes, etc. Then you can wear the new avatar, and still have an easily located copy of your old avatar.

You can : )

A special note:  Make sure that you try a demo on BEFORE buying.  If the shape does not come with a styling card so you know what skin it was made with, you might find the result unsatisfactory with your skins and not know what to buy to achieve the look on the box.  Not all shapes and skins match up well.  It is totally possible to have a great skin and a great shape and still look perfectly horrid if the marriage of the two is off.

Hmmm..no v2 users here it seems. If you are using v2 and want to save your existing avatar including the shape, skin, hair, eyes and any outfit of your choice, open the bottom tab on your sidebar called My Appearance, click My Outfits then Save As at the bottom. Give it a name and your avatar is saved. No need to mess around dragging things into folders. My Outfits uses links to tie it all together and if you ever want to use the saved outfit again, just open My Outfits, right click on the saved outfit and select Wear - replace existing outfit. You can save as many complete outfits and variations of them as you like. Just give each a different name in the Save As box. If you make a change to a saved outfit and you want to keep it that way, click the little arrow beside Save As and select Save instead. Here is a video by Torley Linden.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.