Griefbusters - Official Trailer, Second Life mini-movie

Bunky Snowbear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

And in my opinion, it doesn't need voice, just in case you want to keep a tally of pro-voice to anti-voice, Bunky.

I think you are superb, just as you are. You stand out from a lot of people who claim to be machinima makers.

@ Thinkerer - are you running some kind of cult? :matte-motes-wink-tongue:  (I know you probably mean well, and give a lot of people excellent guidance (which would seem to be mostly information collated from these forums and chinese whispered into your own words), but IMO its just bad form to take people away from the central official information point that is Second Life onto a private ego-boosting website.)

Thanks for all your feedback :matte-motes-big-grin:

Regarding voice, I make 'silent' films for several reasons;

- SL is largely a 'silent' environment. Voice in SL is the exception, not the norm.

- Silent films are more universal because they transcend language barriers

- Silent fims are more challenging from a film making perspective, and rely on action and gestures (and music) to tell the story, making for a more fast-paced film that is less complex and hopefully more enjoyable for potential viewers, who generally have a short attention span when it comes to online video.

- Unless you are a professional voice actor, voice can sound pretty amateurish and detract from the experience. Plus I hate the sound of my own voice, and my actors do too.

That's my opinion anyway. It doesn't bother me if you don't want to link my film on your blog. My work gets picked up by plenty of great machinima sites, such as the excellent Mal Burns Second Arts

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.