Latest Ati driver showing av skin thru alpha layers,Is fine on older drivers,Need Help please

Jacks Hammerer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Everytime i try using the latest ati drivers i keep getting a strange bug where the alph layers on my feet dont hide all of the skin,If i use older drivers its fine sadly Sl runs alot better with the latest Ati drivers,This problem seems to be on all viewers and 3rd party viewers,I've done the usually things uninstall graphic drivers before new one is installed,Cache clear of viewer and it still does it,Any help would be appreciated,Thanks.I have tried disabling Vbo doesnt help but thank you.Well tried a few suggestions on here and no luck it just seems to want to bleed the skin layer of av thru alpha layers of any kind ,So i guess i'll just stick to the older driver that doesnt run Sl as smooth,Thanks everyone who replied.

5 answers to this question

Try opening Preferences (CTRL + P) and navigating to Graphics >> Hardware Settings.  Then UNcheck the box for Enable OpenGL Virtual Buffer Objects (VBO).  That feature of recent viewer updates is intended to speed up texture rezzing.  It does that most of the time, but some people find that it has the opposite effect and introduces odd artifacts, especially in older machines.  (SL has also had a history of odd behavor with ATI graphics cards, which may be part of your problem too, but that's a different matter.)

Jacks Hammerer wrote:

Thanks.I have tried disabling Vbo doesnt help but thank you.

That's a shame.  Disabling VBO usually works.  As I said in my first response, SL has a history of misbehaving with ATI graphics cards (check the JIRA sometime, if you are curious).  The only other suggestion I can offer is this ...

Disable AI in Catalyst:
  • Right click on your desktop (or right click the ATI logo in the bottom right tray) and select Catalyst Control Center;
  • In catalyst control center go to the advanced options menu;
  • Then click on the 3D tab on the left side. Catalyst A.I. will be amongst the labels there;
  • Tick the box next to 'Disable Catalyst A.I.'

If that fails, all that's left is to reinstall the older drivers that weren't giving you this problem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.