Help! I am turning into a LWL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I never, ever thought this would happen to me especially after what my mom put me through with all of her LWL stuff.

But I guess maybe we are all destined to turn out somewhat like our parents. I tried to change my ways so I did not turn out like her. I would use sticky notes instead of a note pad so I would be a person that makes notes and not a member of The Ladies with List Club. Yes she had a list for everything. A list of chores that needed to be done, a list of after school activities that we needed to participate in, a list for the grocery store, a list for the mini-mart of things she wanted me to pick up on my bike ride home from school, a list of places to go on vacation, and the lists just went on and on. Big sigh... I felt like someone needed to make me a list of the lists and which parts of the lists I need to worry about. Well after all this I developed an aversion to lists but at-long-last I find myself falling under the pressures of RL and making them myself. So I am wondering how you feel about list. Here is a list of questions I have about lists:

1) Are you a LWL? (Lady with Lists)

2) If not how do you keep track of things?

3) Do you use your phone to make lists?

4) Do you use your computer to make lists?

5) Do you use some form of handwritten list.

6) Do you make the list or do other people make them for you?

7) Do you think this list is too long?

That's interesting. I looked in the mirror the other day and I swear I saw my mom for a brief moment. The best way to anwser follows Keli:

1) Are you a LWL?- Yes (Lady with Lists)

2) If not how do you keep track of things? - See above

3) Do you use your phone to make lists? - Yes

4) Do you use your computer to make lists? - Yes

5) Do you use some form of handwritten list. - Yes

6) Do you make the list or do other people make them for you? - Both

7) Do you think this list is too long? - No

I think if anything I am not listless:)

Wildcat Furse wrote:

that's why I recently bought an IPAD2 .... I am a LWI (
Lady with Ipad
) :matte-motes-nerdy: *meows*

That is a wonderful way to do it. I just have a small list of questions for you about that.

1) Do you take your ipad to the grocery store with you?

2) If you do, how do you hold it while you are shopping?

3) Do you put it in the cart?

4) Do people ask you lots of questions about it?

5) Do they ask to play with it?

6) Are you happy with it?

Keli, my grandmother was also a LWL.  I do not see those traits in my mother but I do fear that it may have skipped a generation and come down to me.  She was a Lady with Lipstick, drawers full of the stuff!  She had them organized.  If you opened the top drawer of her dresser they were all there, sticking up in neat little rows, all the red on the right all the browns in the middle, all the pinks on the left.  Hundreds of lipsticks, mostly Avon.  A virtual rainbow of colorful waxy sticks.

My great uncle was a LWL as well.  As a child he struggled with the label of being a Lad with Lisp, but you know in the end he came off pretty good.  All of those school yard fights encouraged him to learn how to box and he eventually became a Golden Gloves champion. 

I guess being a LWL isn't all that bad.

DQ Darwin wrote:

That's interesting. I looked in the mirror the other day and I swear I saw my mom for a brief moment. The best way to anwser follows Keli:

1) Are you a LWL?- Yes
(Lady with Lists)

2) If not how do you keep track of things? - See above

3) Do you use your phone to make lists? - Yes

4) Do you use your computer to make lists? - Yes

5) Do you use some form of handwritten list. - Yes

6) Do you make the list or do other people make them for you? - Both

7) Do you think this list is too long? - No

I think if anything I am not listless:)

/me starts a new list of people that answered all the questions and puts you at the top. :)

Lillie Woodells wrote:

Keli, my grandmother was also a LWL.  I do not see those traits in my mother but I do fear that it may have skipped a generation and come down to me.  She was a Lady with Lipstick, drawers full of the stuff!  She had them organized.  If you opened the top drawer of her dresser they were all there, sticking up in neat little rows, all the red on the right all the browns in the middle, all the pinks on the left.  Hundreds of lipsticks, mostly Avon.  A virtual rainbow of colorful waxy sticks.

My great uncle was a LWL as well.  As a child he struggled with the label of being a Lad with Lisp, but you know in the end he came off pretty good.  All of those school yard fights encouraged him to learn how to box and he eventually became a Golden Gloves champion. 

You sound like you have a wonderful family full of very determined people and that is a wonder thing. I have just a brief list of question for you.

1) There is a Ladies with Lipstick Club?

2) What do they do at there meetings?

3) Did she let you play dress up with the lipstick?

4) Shhhh... I won't tell but when you were a teenager did you ever take one with you out and a date thinking she has so many she will never notice?

5) What is your favorite color for your lips.?

I think I'm doomed Keli.. I checked:

1. my purse:  3 lipsticks
  2. my desk drawer: 2 lipsticks
  3. my desk top: one compact with 4 colors in it.  Which lead me to ask:

1.  Does that count as belonging with the lipstick IN my desk?

2.  Does it count as a lipstick if it is not a stick per se?

3.  Does it count if I have not worn it in awhile

4.  Does it count if it was a gift and not my color and I have not worn it at all?

5.  Does it.. OMG I'm a LWLWL!!!!  (A Lady With Lists With Lipstick)

1) Are you a LWL? (Lady with Lists)  Apparently I am

2) If not how do you keep track of things?  I am

3) Do you use your phone to make lists? Yes

4) Do you use your computer to make lists? Oh yes

5) Do you use some form of handwritten list. Yes, yes, yes

6) Do you make the list or do other people make them for you? Yep

7) Do you think this list is too long? No you missed one

8) Do you make lists of lists?  YES!

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Lillie Woodells wrote:

You sound like you have a wonderful family full of very determined people and that is a wonder thing. I have just a brief list of question for you.

1) There is a Ladies with Lipstick Club? 
Not yet, but I do believe one is in the works

2) What do they do at there meetings?
I think we shall trade hints on keeping our lipstick fresh and trying new colors

3) Did she let you play dress up with the lipstick?
Oh yes there was a seperate drawer for that, with lots of little Avon samples

4) Shhhh... I won't tell but when you were a teenager did you ever take one with you out and a date thinking she has so many she will never notice?
  I snuck a stick out when I was 13 and kissed a neighbor boy in the woods behind the house. When I came home she told me it was the wrong color.  I was mortified

5) What is your favorite color for your lips.?
I am a natural redhead so I'm a dark coral, copper, bronze, or brown girl. 

That is a wonderful way to do it. I just have a small list of questions for you about that.

1) Do you take your ipad to the grocery store with you?
+

2) If you do, how do you hold it while you are shopping?
+

3) Do you put it in the cart?
=

when I need only a few things from the grocery store I don't need my Ipad, when I need a lot of goodies I order online and have it delivered @home and then the Ipad becomes a handy notetaker for my shopping wishlist during the week!

4) Do people ask you lots of questions about it?
yes

5) Do they ask to play with it?
yes

6) Are you happy with it?
yes

*meows*

Lillie Woodells wrote:

<snip>

1.  Does that count as belonging with the lipstick IN my desk?
yep

2.  Does it count as a lipstick if it is not a stick per se?
I am going to have google that one.

3.  Does it count if I have not worn it in awhile?
yep

4.  Does it count if it was a gift and not my color and I have not worn it at all?
nope, but you can regift it.

5.  Does it.. OMG I'm a LWLWL!!!!  (A Lady With Lists With Lipstick)
/me makes a  list of the lipstick you have... just in case I need a particular color.

<snip>

8) Do you make lists of lists?  YES!
I Think Dee is making a list of people that makes lists about the lists on this list if you are looking for a good list to read.
:P

1) Are you a LWL? (Lady with Lists) YES!!

2) If not how do you keep track of things? With my lists.

3) Do you use your phone to make lists? Yes (and my iPad too)

4) Do you use your computer to make lists? Yes

5) Do you use some form of handwritten list. Yes

6) Do you make the list or do other people make them for you? I make them. I trust no one else with my lists.

7) Do you think this list is too long? Of course not. Bring on the lists!

A couple of tips for the LWLs among us: Toodledo and Grocery IQ. Both of these websites also have iPhone/iPad apps so you can manage your lists from anywhere. I use Toodledo for my to-do lists and Grocery IQ for my shopping list.

I never go to the grocery store without Grocery IQ and my iPhone. You can set this app up by individual store where you shop, so if the produce comes before dairy in one store but after dairy in a different store, it will re-sort your list for you in the correct order. It's time consuming to set up for the stores you frequent, but SO worth the effort.

I am also a Lady Who Loves (LWL), a Lady Who Learns (LWL), and a Lady Who Laughs (LWL).

DQ Darwin wrote:

It has been listed:P

Oh I am sorry I didn't know you had that listed when I made the list in the post that replied to Lillie's list that is listed above this. But then I saw your post about having it listed so I had to add that to the list I have for that. :)

1) Are you a LWL? (Lady with Lists)Overlooking some possible disqualifiers, yes

2) If not how do you keep track of things?See above

3) Do you use your phone to make lists? You can do that? I use my phone to make phone calls.

4) Do you use your computer to make lists? Yes

5) Do you use some form of handwritten list. That, too.

6) Do you make the list or do other people make them for you?Well, I do have someone that sometimes makes me a list to help me plan my day on the weekends. But usually I make my own.

7) Do you think this list is too long? Oh, not at all. As has been noted, you were too brief. Or maybe too short.

Pep wrote:

Congratulations girlies. If I was doing a hatchet job myself on the ladies who lunch to undermine their credibility and emphasise their inconsequential contribution to these forums I could not do better than the display of mindless chatter here that is one step up from white noise.

Pep (notes that the lwl are indiscriminate in their espousal of iProducts in comparison with the far superior Android tech base.)

/me runs and gives Pep a big hug! "I just knew you would come to the party, I just knew it! Let me take your coat, appetizers or over there... oh and what are you drinking I have some Kettle One if you would like a screwdriver."

1.I am not a list maker, but I an not listless.

2.Software, assistants, managers, co-workers.

3.I don't have an app for that.

4.My computer(s) make lists for task *they* must satisfy. Not for me.

5.Yes, but it is not *my* handwriting.

6.Someone makes lists for 'themself,' I suppose or how would they remember to remind me of all the things they need to remind me about. 

7.Phew made it!

1. Screwdrivers
  2. Hammers
  3. Tape measure
  4. Allen Wrenches
  5. Pipe Wrench
  6. Ratchet
  7. Dremmel
  8. Caulk gun
  9. Jar of Nails
  10. Jar of Screws
  11. Jar of nuts and bolts
  12. 250 pc Drill Bit and Socket Set
  13. Cordless Drill
  14. Extra Battery
  15. Package of Sandpaper
  16. Small First Aid Kit
  17. Small Painters Tarp
  18. Duct Tape
  19. Masking Tape
  20. New package of Paint Brushes
  21. Flashlight
  22. Telescoping  Magnet
  23. Needle Nose Pliers
  24. Regular Pliers
  25. Voltage Meter
  26. Tire Gauge
  27. about 20 Zip Ties

Ooooh, you mean as in a drink!  You got me going on the list in my tool box.

Having waited what I consider the appropriate amount of time for those with the answers to world famine, all the diseases yet to be conquered to have their say,  but no one has jumped in. So back to the lists.

I recall and old GD OP that dealt with being on lists but I can't find the link in my list of links:(

DQ Darwin wrote:

Having waited what I consider the appropriate amount of time for those with the answers to world famine, all the diseases yet to be
conquered
to have their say,  but no one has jumped in. So back to the lists.

I recall and old GD OP that dealt with being on lists but I can't find the link in my list of links:(

I remember that list. That was an awesome list. Here it is:

Is there a membership list?

ETA: i don't think that is the full list. I one you were talking about happened before that list.

Yes. 

I quickly found it a necessity while trying to run what amounts to a hub, without much help. I do have some help but the keeping track of things and decisions are mine.

I also have to keep track of which meeroo has which type of meeroo and who needs a mate and on and on...But it's not a great system, since I have a zillion meeroo nests by now (most worthless), and out of sight, out of mind. 

Those are the only two types of lists I keep right now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.