send a support ticket to the Linden Labs

Cleo Rabeni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am hoping this is the correct action ? I have owned land at Maia ,since February 2010,a small piece 521sq m ,I was teaching my SL husband how to buy land ..put the land for sale for 0L ..before we knew what had happened someone landed and bought my land 0L ...technically it was not for sale ..the person wouldn't reply to Ims ...the name Dungshi Quan ..I am very upset a,dnm would like my land returned to me .Can you help please ? Cleo Rabeni

8 answers to this question

i don't think there's much you can do you set the land forsale and someone bought it. if the person that bought it won't respond i don't think a support ticket will help LL will see this as a resident to resident dispute when it comes to selling land you can set it to sale to a specific avatar if you set it to general sale at such a low price anyone particularly landbots will grab it in seconds an insanely high price will put of anyone from buying it 

Cleo Rabeni wrote:

put the land for sale for 0L ..before we knew what had happened someone landed and bought my land 0L ...technically it was not for sale

Sorry to say that "technically" it was for sale. You must have got the warning asking you if you are sure that you want to sell for 0L to "anyone" & that is exactly what you did.

What you should have done is sell it to a specific person & named them, that is the only way to avoid a bot coming in & buying it as bargain of the day.

The chances are that the bot that bought it is owned by a land dealer & it will be up for sale again soon. You can try contacting the seller when it does get put for sale & explaining that it was a mistake, they may give it back, but they haven`t done anything wrong & are not obliged to return it to you.

Or you could just buy it back & chalk it up to experience. You are not the first or last person that will learn that the hard way, be glad that it was a small plot and not half a sim.

As mentioned, posting other Residents names here is not permitted but considering your situation and that this is your first post, I think many Residents here can relate to how you probably feel.

The Resident who purchased the land might be a bot, a real Resident will eventually visit the land and set it for sale. This may be a reason why your IM attempts are unanswered.

The majority of Land Buyers are honest Residents and will return the Land. Visiting the land several times a day to see if it is set for sale and who is selling it can help in obtaining a contact Resident. 1 IM and 1 notecard is enough, include a link to your post here, minus the Resident's name. (click edit). It may take a few days be patient.  

As I understand it, Linden Labs does not offer a method of direct recourse for your situation but they will accept any information that you may provide if you wish to express any experiences which have proved disfavorable to you.

If you get your land back, let us know.

So sorry this has been a long time waiting to be answered ,however ,my land was returned to me (now sold ,officially ) I'd like to thank everyone who commented and tried so very hard to help ...the warning here ...even when teaching someone how to buy and sell land ,put the price of the land at a ridiculously high price ,this will keep you 'land bot '' free ..Once again thankyou to everyone ,with your helpfulness ...Cleo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.