stolen horse

Filur Lyric

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was at Auction at Morria http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wild%20Ones/140/45/22

A lot off ppl were there and saw this steal. And,,,sadly --no---I had not put any price on the horse from home :___(((

person grabbed Horse when I were pricing it without authorization. It was understood it was not going to be sold or given to them.
08/16/2011 13:41:05 b4989ecf Source: Pompeo
Object Sale
Region: Wild Ones
Description: 7T/RED/PNT/CLYDE/FIRE
Name: 0
Bundle UUID:
38905834-7209-a277-1877-361fdb0638a1
Date Entered: 8/16/2011 2:47:25 PM

3 answers to this question

This is something that we see from time to time.  

If you accidentally misoperate things and set a price on an object that you did not intend to and someone buys it for that price, it's a done deal.  Sorry.

There is nothing you can "officially" do about it now and LL won't involve themselves in a dispute over a transaction like this.  You set the object for sale.  It is a shame that one cannot set a price before setting an object for sale but that is the way that it is.  Trying to price an object in a public setting like that was asking for trouble.  Your only real recourse is to ask for the item back, but that is unlikely because the individiual who "bought" your horse was clearly being predatory.

My recommendation would be to appeal to the owners of the parcel or of the auction or perhaps to the people involved with the I assume breedable horse?  that was "stolen" (purchased).  There may be a policy in place that addresses this sort of behavoir and you might be able to get the individual banned from those parcels or business in question.  That might give you the leverage that you need to get back your property

But sadly, there is nothing you can do other than that.  Once an item is set for sale, it is set for sale and LL won't touch the issue.  (though they really should change things so that you can set a price before setting an item for sale...seriously... that is sort of messed up.  I mean, why do they have it like that?  It makes issues like this pretty much inevetible.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.