If you want to ban from MP store

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Indeed, I can ban from inworld shopping but can't on MP so i'd go along with it although I can't think of a good way to do it effectively.  IP ban is not effective.

Although having said that, we've only ever blocked 2 people ever and those were for very specific reasons and not dramatainment related *sighs*.  We never get enough drama *taps foot*

Don't sell much to banned people from my experience hehee

I've only had to ban two or three and all for squatting when I had auto return off.  Don't have a clue of how they find out but if I leave auto return off for even just a day, I end up with someone building a skybox.

However, as much as I too would like to see this feature, I would want to have access to who low ratings and I would also like that information placed within a user profile to show how they rated who.  Seems only fair that if we are being transparent, that they need to be as well.

I did want to say, tho, that this JIRA is not about providing good customer service -- that's a separate issue.  It is about the right of a merchant to not sell merchandise on the MP to an account, for whatever reason -- not about whether he should provide customer service or not (a choice he already has, btw, right or wrong).

If I could add a thought to this, from a slightly larger approach.

Would like to see this encompass a few more steps, which could solve multiple issues. The first would be to implement a master account, as I've brought up a few times before. Many benefits here to a master account, out of the scope of this particular issue, but one tie-in is that you have the choice of prohibiting sales from the users master account, and thereby all of the users alts.

No IP bans necessary, up to LL to police whether alts are properly registered with their master account. Bonuses here such as reducing griefing and making it easier to enforce Intelectual Property violations.

Before someone screams privacy, no user needs to know anything about the master account and a users alts, that data is only available to LL, with a simple action to "ban account" on the part of a merchant.

Another related step might be to tie in parcel ban lists with the Marketplace. This is one small step to tying land to Marketplace sales. It makes it more advantageous to own land, a merchants main store serving as the ban list for their Marketplace account.

[Edited to separate the two meanings of 'IP"]

Bump.

I voted for this when it was first posted and would like to remind fellow Merchants how important it is and to please vote for this JIRA. The Commerce Team will take notice of this if we band together and make sure they know that we would like the same kind of control over our Marketplace stores that we have over our inworld stores.

Thanks Pamela for creating the JIRA!

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4057

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.