How would I go about doing this?

depolo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey everyone,

Still continuing on my steep learning curve, but can someone help me with this?

I want to create an office / living space for my avatar on the first floor of a new build i am working on, but I want to have two retail units below it on the ground floor which will be seperately rented.

Is this actually possible, or do rental parcels have to be completely independent?

Cheers,

Matt :)

3 answers to this question

Sellers generally like to have complete control over the parcels they rent or buy to sell their merchandise.  However, you might appeal to new sellers and offer a cut rate on rental if they are willing to be in the same group.  You can specify the number of prims they get from the total but you will have to play 'police' in any disputes.

So, yes, it is possible but it will require more work on your part and very cooperative tenants.

• Like 2

I lived in a multi-level apartment for some time. There were six or eight full floor apartments above the lobby. It worked fine. Renters needed to belong to a group in order to have the items stay rezzed of course. I had 200 prims (the number doesn't matter) but could actually rez more than that for a limited time.

At midnight each night anything over my 200 prim allotment -- had I forgotten to pay attention -- was returned to my inventory. There was a prim counter downstairs in the lobby for all the residents to use if they didn't know how to select only their objects in the build menu and see the count. I lived there several months with no issues.

This would require some purchased scripted items no doubt, but it is doable. The main issue is that since it is the PRIMS that we all seem to run out of, stacking apartments isn't all that practical unless the stores are VERY low prim. So I suggest that you do that math before getting too far along on the project.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.