How can I get written information removed from a piece of land without the SIM owners assistance?

Faubio Alter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I owned a piece of land where I had a photo gallery. I left the parcel months ago but after several requests the SIM owner has still not removed my description of the parcel from the land. This is creating search problems for me, sending people to an empty parcel instead of my new gallery location(s) in SL search.

Hep mee. prez :)

.....................................................................................................

(edit, addition) Hmmmm, thanks but none of these help much. My answer would have been contact support but I'm not a premium account holder. Frankly, threats aren't answers, I do not want to "nuke" the guy just get my text removed.

I'll let this thread run a little longer and hope someone has a solution.

4 answers to this question

Having the wrong description would not be enough, the parcel would need to be set to appear in search too. Who is paying the 30L a week?

Maybe try again to contact to the owner & point out that it is costing him money to leave the search on, he may be more inclined to correct it then ;)

• Like 1

If you wrote it then you are the copyright owner of it. So, use the powers given to you under DMCA!  LL will have to take down the text, which would then remove it. If they put it back up, then you record they did that and tell LL again to take it down by using the DMCA powers you have. If again, well you can keep going BUT I think you have to go to court at some point, or at least send try. If they go, then...well, they are crazy and you can sue them for your legal fees..I think. Of course, I am not a lawyer, I am not your lawyer even if I was one. But, if you wrote it and it is yours...I mean, you didn't plaguerize the land description from someone? I mean, shakespear or steven king....no? Well, then you will be OK...except I am not sure if the person sees the filing and can find you real name or adress or anything..if you take them to court then they would...but this is a land descritiona nd laziness, they will be to lazy to put it back up...right? lol. I mean, you could also send bad men to  break into thier home andmake them change it at gun point? Suicide bomb LL's server that this one is held on with a tiny tiny bomb! Maybe a mouse could carry a little tiny bomb vest and be trained to respond when you see the server through the camera he wears on his head! uh....you could study physics and make a time machine and never rent there and then live in that  timeline happily...of course, you would also possess a time machine...so you always leave if that time line is messed up....right?

So, yeah. using the DMCA outlined/allowed methods would work. You are being damaged in a small way! It would be a method to get it taken down, but maybe to much?

The sad thing is...not one else answered! lol. I mean, if you IM them and say "hey, the DMCA related takedown was due to you not responding, I hope you understand why. NO hard feelings, jsut business." and I am sure they will not lose sleep even if it is removed and they don't know why lol. I know it is silly, but it is your copyrighted material...you do not want it there, it is damaging you...so, a take down is 100% the what the DMCA was made to do really! To help you deal with the host (LL) in a way that makes them STOP you from being damaged immediatly and then lets the burdon fall on the perpetrator, the land lord who is damaging you search related traffic!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.