Where do we stand as purchasers on second life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a question witch i find need to be thought about.

Where do we stand as a purchaser on secondlife?

As opposed to the seller

For example:
If you purchase a product if it is transferable you are most likely to get a refund for any defects or issues with the product.
What if the product as marked on marketplace was listed under the Copy & Transfer filter because thats the product type you wanted for any specific reason, but upon delivery from market place after being opened and the contents was only copy.

This to me is the sellers fault and there for must take responsibility due to missleading product, but where do you draw the line between them where they stand and where we stand as buyers. Because its copyable there less likely to give you your money back and because you can not give them the product back you have been misslead into purchaseing the product, maybe not onpurpose.

Should not the designer or selling user then provide you with what he has promised or stated upon the market place description. I mean people purchase lindens with real life money, and in real life if you go to a store where im from if a product is listed under the wrong price tag the store has to sell you it at that price weather it be more or be less.
So in this area should not that apply to a market place selling product in all formats aswell with what its listed under?

It comes across to me threw out secondlife its the purchasers that get stiffed most of the time in a purchase that was not listed under the correct categorys, Described correctly, listed with the correct permissions, and if there is any problems with the product weather it be copy or not loose out on lindens due to somthing that was not there fault.

Where do we both stand as a seller or a buyer?

I just havent got my head around this yet and responces

KMJP Enyo

If the item is sold as having transfer rights and it turns out not to have transfer rights then it could just be a mistake by the seller. Go back to the seller and explain and they may fix it. Also, if you have problems with something on Marketplace and you used Marketplace to buy it then you can submit a review for potential customers to read. Most sellers try to avoid negative reviews !

You can also flag the item if it is not listed correctly.  As stated, this may be an oversight, so contacting the seller is always a good first step.  If the misdirection turns out to be intentional, then by all means, flag the item in question.  If there is a clear infraction it should become delisted by the MP staff and the seller will have to correct the fault to relist it; in theory at least. 

Color, shape, size, quantity, price and permissions should be as described by the seller.

Second Life's Market Place should follow some examples from Ebay. 

Where I stand is with SL. The majority of Market Place Merchants and Shoppers are good Residents with positive intentions. A fair system will offer both sides equal protections.

I believe it is best to try and work with a Merchant to find resolution. If resolution cannot be found, any Resident can exercise his or her freewill by seeking or requesting support options provided by LL.

As a buyer one should review products carefully before purchasing, take some time to review and compare similiar products provided by other Merchants. Ask a Merchant to confirm that the Permissions on a product meets your requirements prior to purchasing a product from that Merchant. Make a planned purchase. 

Merchants should list quality products and describe their products as accurately as possible using Industry Standards if applicable.

Welcome to Second Life. One thing you'll quickly discover is that most merchants will not stand behind hardly anything they sell. When I say "most" I do mean most. You'll find some wonderful sellers that go above and beyond what is expected but it is a rarity. Hold your lindens with more value than your real money because the greed runs deep in SL and you can quickly find yourself screwed.

Copy AND Transfer permissions are usually  for items that are builders supplies - ie sculpties/animations  some scripts.  Textures are usually full permissions (modify copy AND transfer).

So if the particular item you are talking about isn't copy and transfer, as was listed on the advert, and it's NOT a building supply,  it's probably a mistake.

A number of store owners I've found often don't tick the boxes in the Permissions section when they are posting (for various reasons - eg multiple objects with different permisisons), but usually the permissions will be seen somewhere else, like on their advert, or in the text.

The reason store owners don't make general items copy and transfer, (for example, clothes) is because the next person can then give away/sell the item as many times as they like - essentially taking the business away from the creator.  Of course, there are always cases where a store owner is making a particular item copy/transfer, but generally it's not the "norm".

Without knowing which particular item you are referring to, its hard to comment.

If it is a builder's supply type of item, then it was probably a mistake, and the store owner will be more than pleased that you have brought it to his/her attention.

I've been in SL for almost 5 years. 

I have had dozens of problems with purchases, ranging from wrong items, to missing parts, to things that just did not look like I expected.

I have had exactly *1* merchant in all these years who was not willing to work things out.

I don't know where you could be shopping Ayrea, you may have found a den of thieves. But I have to say thet the statement "most merchants will not stand behind hardly anything they sell" is flat out wrong.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.