HUD

Adonis Adamski

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been experiencing problems with HUD's recently. The HUD's have buttons to left click which then issue written commands in local chat to activate things on a plane. The HUD's recently have stopped issuing the written commands. If I say the commands in local chat then the plane will still react. The HUD's worked perfectly until recently. This is not one HUD but several different ones. Have the recent server updates possibly started to affect scripts in SL which means that scripts need modifying or updating in some way? I still use Viewer 1 because it works perfectly for me and doesnt crash much at all. I like Firestorm but it judders and stalls a lot so I havent made the change yet. Thanks for any help on this.

Update - OK so the problem is being experienced by a lot of people and is something to do with SL updates affecting the scripts. The creator is now working on them to find a fix. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

3 answers to this question

I assume that you are using them in script enabled areas, if so you could try testing on sims running on different server channels to see if the problem is just happening on one.

You can search on the map for Magnum, BlueSteel & LeTigre to find sandboxes running on those channels, most other sims should be running on Second Life Server (Main Channel).

You could also try contacting the creators to see if they have had a sudden rise in customer enquiries/complaints with the same problem.

• Like 1

From your description, it sounds as if the HUDs are scripted to send a chat command that triggers a gesture.  Because the gesture is still working (You said that it works when you type it into chat yourself), the problem is in the HUDs themselves.

First:

1. Check to be sure tht you are no in a sim/parcel wher scripts are disabled

2. Open the scripts and check to be sure that they are running.  If not, check the Running box in the lower left corner of the Edit window.

3. Select each HUD and then use Tools >> Reset Scripts (or whatever the equivalent command is for your own viewer), or click the Reset button when you have each script open it the Edit window.

If none of those things works, then something rather peculiar has happened. If you have mod permissions on the scripts, find a scripter who can help you diagnose them.  I not, get hold of the scripter who wrote them.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.