How to deal with a group of people threatening, insulting, and griefing me over my religion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A specific group of people have been attacking me for being Wiccan, ranging from verbal abuse to full blown attempts to crash me. I have reported some of them, but none of them have been banned. While this is happening in a weapons testing sim, the attacks are overwhelming and have caused me to crash on multiple occasions. The latest attack was over the fact that I had done something to them by "being born", and the particle attacks tried to follow me to another sim. How do I get these people to stop spamming me and treating me like general trash?

Please and Thanks

3 answers to this question

Well, it seems the options you have at your disposal are reporting them via abuse reports, muting them so that you don't have to listen to their silly words and going to another sandbox.

I am against the last option because you should be able to go wherever you want within reason.

So I suppose what you can do is put up with the abuse while you report them, remember to sit so you can stay in one spot as you type away the abuse report on them, making sure to get some good screen shots of them and being neutral in your description of the incident, not all emotional and stuff.

Then you can mute them and go chill somewhere else, find another fun sandbox or get some exploring and shopping in, then come back every once in a while and eventually they should be cleared out, but more griefers are bound to replace them.

As for being wiccan, if you are shoving it in their face then maybe you shouldn't do that anymore, if they are just picking it up from your profile or casual convo, then they totally suck.

I would go through the ToS and copy the section of the ToS that deals with religious discrimination. Include it in your AR.

Also keep screen shots of the Abuse Reporting process.

After several abuse reports, 5 or 6, if no action is taken on the Linden's part then use the AR screen shots and information to prepare a paper package and send it to Rod H. at the Linden office. Write religious discrimination issue on the outside of the package.  It should include copies of the AR and any images and chat logs used in the AR's. All AR information should be labeled with a date and time. This could take weeks to have an effect. See: http://lindenlab.com/contact

If that fails, replicate the package and send it to a number of SL related blogs with a press release type description of what is happening.

As a last resort, prepare a similar package to send to the newspapers and TV stations in San Francisco. 

Obviouly you need to know or learn how to write a fair but inflammatory press release. You will also need to figure out where Linden Lab's hot buttons are and where push for maximum effect.

I am assuming that as a Wiccan you understand something similar to what I would call Karma... Energy put out usually results in a return of in kind energy. So, I suggest being scrupulously honest. 

Obviously it is an aduious and tedious process. So, it is a matter of how determined you are and how well you can mount a PR campaign.

A much easier solution is to create an ALT AV and use that in the sandbox. It is unfair that you would need to resort to and Alt. But, life is not fair.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.