Reactivating an old account?

Miki Greymoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I would like to reactivate and old account.It was a premium account and when my dads pay pal didn't pay, they froze it. Since he didn't have any money we couldn't reactivate it right away. It was frozen about 2 years ago. So my question is, can it still be reactivated? Or is it all hopeless??? I have a lot of things on that account that I would really like back :/

4 answers to this question

i would try this:

Re-activating a canceled account

If you have cancelled your account, you may be able to restore it, depending on how long ago it was cancelled. There is a US$9.95 reactivation fee for restoring an account.

32px-KBwarning.png Warning: Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverable.

To start the process:

1. Open a support case.
  2. Under What type of problem are you having? choose Account Issue.
  3. Choose Reactivate an old account.
  4. Enter the required information
  5. Click Submit.

good luck,

ev

ps: as rolig already said and was mentioned above, even if you can recover the account, inventory items maybe hopelessly lost forever.

ev

You can probably get the account back but there is a catch. From what you say the account was put on hold because it went deliquent. When you upgrade to premium you set up a payment arrangement which says that you will pay the recurring fees when due. If you do not downgrade before the payment date, that fee is payable and the account will be suspended until it is paid. This can be expensive if it was a yearly payment plan, because they will not unlock the account until that full years payment is made.

I would suggest calling the free billing number to find out what debt is outstanding on the account & its current status.

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

If none of those numbers are in your Country you can email to: support@payments.secondlife.com

i was an sl mentor at one time and i also brought a lot of people to sl -----    i spent a lot of mony on my way of life but was banned for life for shoving someone cos of the 3 strikes rule.   I had dignity and still do have but i feel something wasnt right there cos i was spending money n wanted to back the grid. All im asking is i have my name reinstated n my stuff -----  iv lost my woman but a reinstatement would be ok and i promise i,l be an sl mentor again----i just got carried away---thanks

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.