Help lost my skin

JenistaHoffi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Guys!

I took my avatar this morning to bought skin from a shop in world, and after i worn them and was busy with other stuffs, cuddently i got kick out from SL and i had to relog again, first i got message that the location i was in is in proceed to log me off, ok so i wait a bit and login again, now i login and after that my avatar was rezzed with wearing unknow skin like noob. And went to look in my inventory to find the skin i had bought and omg...i could not find the skin folder :( i had look all in my inventory but could not see it. all other items that i had bought in the same time was stil there...only my skin folder was gone. Anyone have the same problem before? any suggestion please

Did you get the skin in a box and did you unpack it somewhere? If so, try look in your Lost and Found folder as the item may have been returned to that folder. Also try use the Recent tab to narrow the amouth of items. That gives a clearer view if you set the filters to 1 or 2 days.

First clear your cache. Then log in to a quiet region (like Smith), press Recent in your inventory sidebar tab and wait for your inventory to load fully. If you're still missing the skin, try contacting the seller to see if it is possible to get a replacement (which may be unlikely but worth a try. Hopefully Ry0ta is right, and I'm wrong about this :)) or file a ticket (which also may not help).

- Luc -

I've had that happen to me also, when I crash right after making a purchase. Most merchants understand this is a common problem - go back to the skin store and see if they have a "redelivery terminal," if not, like other posters have suggested just check the merchants profile, see how they prefer to handle customer service, and they will most likely replace the skin for you. They may ask you to give them the details of your purchase, which you can find in your Transaction HIstory and paste into a notecard.

Sometimes, inventory just borks. Unfortunately there's little to do except wait.

Earlier this week, I was trying to remove some things from the park, and rez new things. Suddenly, without any warning, I crashed. When I logged back in, the things I had definitely removed were still there - and the things I had rezzed were not. I checked my group tag - it was correct. So it wasn't that the things I'd rezzed had come back to me because they lacked land permissions.

A few days later, those things were still not in my inventory, nor in my lost and found folder. I had to go out and buy some new copies of them, or else, just deal with the blank spot on my land.

Just one of those things. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.