problem opening SL on my computer.tried evrything on websiteed

Abbbyy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i joined SL on 5th of july , 2011 , first 2 days it worked fine then automatically it stopped opening on my computer. it said crash logger , trying server 1 and never opens after that! I have tried clearng the cache , moving the setting to another place , reinstalled it like hundred times. in short, tried evrything possible give on google and second life ebsite but still i am facing same problem.

I dont have much knowlege of computer but i am alos sending you my configuration. system microsoft windows xp

professional 

version2002,

service pack 2                        

Registered to  win xp      ,

55274-640-1386102-23051

computer -    Intel (R)

Pentium(R) 4 CPU , 3.06GHz

760 MB of RAM

I hope you can help me with this because i had just started and i was loving the experience.

Thankyou

Abhishree

3 answers to this question

i think you need to upgrade to XP service pack 3 some SL viewers require this minimum a ram upgrade wouldn't do any harm you didn't mention graphics card but you could try upgrading the drivers for that you system sounds quite low end for sl but should meet the minimum requirementd

• Like 1

We have had several reports like yours today.  It is difficult to tell whether there is a server issue or whether this is related to bug in the latest version of LL's V2 viewer.

If Second Life crashes during the loading process, you may be using an uncommon combination of settings that LL was unable to test during our quality assurance process. This problem is more common in beta and Project Viewers than in released Viewers.

To restore your default settings without reinstalling Second Life, move all of your existing settings files to a different, temporary directory. Next time Second Life starts, it will create a new, default set of settings files. Get help finding your user settings.

If restoring your default settings fixes your problem, please file a bug report in the Public Issue Tracker and attach your original settings files (the ones you saved in a temporary directory) so we can analyze them and solve the problem for future Residents.

If this doesn't work, I suggest downloading and installing a different viewer to see if it behaves any better. >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory . You will find that the new Firestorm viewer has many features familiar to you, if you have been using LL's V2 viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.