physics the size of the bounding box.

Zalandria Zaius

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is the physics supposed to swell up to bounding box size or am I missing a check box somewhere? I was trying to make the lowest LOD and physics shapes just small cubes so you could walk around them but still clip through the edges if you need to, but my physics and lowest LOD keep swelling up.

In fact they went as far as to call it a bug. For now, you have to add artificial bits that extend to the bounding box of the high LOD mesh if you want the rest to stay small. For the visual meshes, you can make these a separate material and put default transparent texture on them. For the physics, if you are careful and use flat planes that don't have their back faces (the one the normal doesn't stick out from) pointing towards another back face, so the space between won't get filled in, then use solid decomposition, they will work to keep the physics shape from stretching, but will not be included in the actual physics shape. Sorry if that sounds incomprehensible.

Oh boy, more confusing things to figure out. I still have to sit down and figure out the whole billboarding for the lowest LOD with hidden materials trick then gonna play with the adding empties to change center for rotations.

This is gonna be a long road to not really get very far.

I've been handling this by building the bits I want to feature in the physics as one mesh, with a customized physics mesh so that one can step inside the hollow bits etc. Then I build the rest as a second mesh without a physics shape. Post-upload the one with the physics is type "prim" and the root, the rest is type "none"

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.