Will Linden Lab help return a stolen horse? I filed abuse report. What else can I do?

KOTEHOK Pixelmaid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

If you are talking about content theft then the DMCA is your place to go............LL will honor any properly submitted DMCA Take Down notice (as required by law).  Short that LL won't do a thing...........they can't until a notice has been submitted.  Once the take down is completed, it's out of LL's hands and into the individuals involved.........a legal issue that only some court of law can resolve.  It can get expensive and ugly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act

If you are talking about someone picking up your no copy horse that was rezzed somewhere then you can file a support ticket (though LL won't likely get involved)  or an Abuse Report..........which probably won't go anywhere.  Being a premium member won't change LL's pollicy about not getting involved in resident to resident disputes........and someone picking up your no copy horse is a resident to resident dispute.  You can try though.

• Like 1

If you set your object to be sold and another person buys it within the brief period that the object is set at 10L$, you should not expect help because this sort of thing happens so often that there simply isn't the time or staff to deal with such incidents.

There are plenty of tutorials and information available to residents with regard to selling items properly and safely. You should taken the object into inventory and set the price there before placing it down for purchase.

• Like 1

Transferable items, that are set to "share with group" (or something), can be taken into inventory by another member of that group. I had that long time ago, when I accidently picked up someone else's dance poseballs (wich I returned to the owner lol). Don't share things with groups, unless you're sure it's safe !

Also, transferable items can be picked up, by people who you have given the rights to edit your objects. Those people can only be the ones that actually are in your friendslist, at least at the point of the stealing. Don't give people these rights, unless you trust them enough ! Although you may accidently given them these rights via your friendslist box. Check this every now and then !

And in the event of you putting an object (horse) for sale, the default price can be 10 L$, before you change it. But, in the case of someone quickly buying it, you can see who paid you the 10 L$, in your transaction history, on the SL account website. In case of you're going to put stuff for sale, check if you're alone on the SIM, or even do this work in a skybox. No guarantee, but safer perhaps.

However, I doubt LL will call any of these 3 options stealing, because basicly it is... your fault :(

I don't know any other ways of stealing your objects, other than content theft by copybotting. But that wouldn't mean you lost your horse. Good luck :)

that is so bs becuase armetto says this is on LL .... and u tell people that it is ok for people to steal horses when they are setting them and they have proof of the person that took them and LL dosen't do anything to this person that dose this when people pay good money for horses that these b can have becuase they don't want to buy them and the noobie that think there so good that have to steal from people that play this game ....hmmmmmm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.