kinect for SL - Great for dancing, etc. Part 1 of 3 - IMMERSIVE TECHNOLOGIES

Leal Choche

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

((This is a three part suggestion...Part one, Get Kinect.  Part Two, Get SL on the Big Screen TV. Part 3, go 3D))

Here is an interesting  video from an earlier post on Kinect in Jan 2011

Getting plugged in with kinect is when SL hits the big screen TV....

This is a needed feature to complement all the users who attend music events that dance to the music.

Consider thse two scenerios:

NO KINECT - Presently, one attends a LIVE music (which btw, is an awesome experience listening to someone play live and interacting with those in attendance...it really does make for an immersive live experience, unlike any 'streaming' performance from a sat TV or cable)  

Everyone in the room, of course since this is SL, may interact with anyone else...ok okBut....all the dancing moves are done by an AO...and yes some nice AO, but not really dancing.

WITH KINETIC - First, Kinect technology is expecting the user to be in a limited space...but for dancing that IS JUST FINE.  with Kinect.  Don't need to move around, just dance.Of course, using specific gestures, one could then control actions such as walking, etc. without a lot of body movement, just mostly hand gestures.   

Yes, I already use it for many of my motion captures now.

LL is supposedly looking at, and I guess working on ways to use the kinect. I've not heard much about it. At some point, we will see some kind of use of the whole technology, but don't hold your breath.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.