Does anyone have a mesh AV example?

Myra Wildmist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I came across this on a thread I started: http://juicybomb.com/2011/06/03/yabusaka-mesh-avatar/

And, now, that's gotten me interested in mesh. I downloaded the Project Viewer, but I didn't see any sample mesh items in my inventory. Is there a download for one of these mesh sample shapes somewhere? Would someone point me to one, please? I'd love to try it out.

Thanks. Total newb to this, but interested in learning.

I don't know much about mesh, but after looking at those that is nuts. The pim counts are a tad high. That column could be done with a one prim sculpt and that door could be done with 4 or 5, less if it didn't have to open. If this is the way they are going  run mesh I don't see it getting too far. Doesn't offer much of an advantage from the looks of it. And will most likely  cost you more to upload.

Indeed. When I made those, just before the public beta, they were carefully crafted to cost one prim each. That just shows you what has happened to the prim costs since! It is easier to make the sharp edges with the mesh, and the UV mapping allows better texturing with simplke textures, but that is not worth the extra that they now cost.

There is a avatar character in the wiki that you can download and are supposed to be able to wear, I believe it's in the uploading a rigged avatar section. From what I understand it doesn't work anymore I haven't tried it myself but I don't think it has the proper bone set that now is needed by the server so in short there is no free avatar to upload and test that is all done for you. 

With that said there is a free way for you to get a rigged avatar for you to work with, it will just require you to export from the avatar.blend file. Hope this helps with your problem :D

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.