How do I remove my group land contributions?

Laurel Leavitt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

You remove the contribution in the Group - Land/Assets by setting it to 0.  And yes you will get an error message if the land still belongs to the group and you remove your tier contribution from the group.  And you could loose your land that way.  Either keep the land in the group until you sell it, then remove the contribution.  Or sell the land to yourself first, remove the contribution and then sell it on the open market.

--Cinn

• Thanks 1

If you have bonus land for having it deeded to group, put the land for sale by the group & remove you contribution as soon as its sold. The money will be transferred from the group to your account the next day, assuming you are the only owner & owner is the only role set with the ability to "pay group liabilities and receive dividends".

If you only have the amount of land that you can hold in your account name within your current tier level, remove your contribution (ignore the warning) and sell the land to yourself for 0L & then put it for sale by you.

On 7/6/2011 at 5:10 PM, Peewee Musytari said:

If you have bonus land for having it deeded to group, put the land for sale by the group & remove you contribution as soon as its sold. The money will be transferred from the group to your account the next day, assuming you are the only owner & owner is the only role set with the ability to "pay group liabilities and receive dividends".

If you only have the amount of land that you can hold in your account name within your current tier level, remove your contribution (ignore the warning) and sell the land to yourself for 0L & then put it for sale by you.

How do I remove the deeded land from the group?

I had a total of 2253 sqm deeded to my own group and I divided it into 3 pieces: 2x1024 and 192sqm and put all three for sale. One has already been sold but I can't remove the 1024sqm sold from my group's deeded land:

Total land in use: 1216 sqm

Land available: 1037 sqm

Total Contribution: 2253 sqm

Your Contribution: (2048 max)

And in the the list of my parcels it only shows 2: 192sqm and 1024 sqm because the other 1024 sqm has been bought already and the money is already in the group balance. So how do I remove those 1024 sold already so I can downgrade my tier?

https://gyazo.com/5b6c5d60b1179be137d3b3fc5ae10c55

Hi, @LeoAtreides!

Here is what those numbers are telling you.

1. Your group has 1216 sq m of land deeded to it.  This is your 1024 + 192 = 1216.
  2. Your group has enough tier donated to it to own up to an additional 1037 sq. m.
  3.  You donated 2048 sq. m. of tier to the group.  Because groups get a 10% bonus, that makes the "total contribution" 2048 X 1.10 = 2253 sq. m.

All you need to do is log in to SL, then open your group's Info window.  In the Land and $ tab of that window, change your contribution to 1105 sq m.  Because of the 10% bonus, that should show up as 1216 in the "total contribution" box.  If I am off by a sqm or so, fiddle with your contribution until the deeded amount of land is covered.

NOTE:  This will decrease your personal tier bill to $4.00 per month.  This is because you get 1024 sq. m. free of tier as a Premium member.  The remainder, 1105 - 1024 = 81 sq m, puts you in the 512 tier bracket, or $4.00 per month.  To avoid this, sell or abandon that 192 sq. m. parcel, or at least 96 sq m. of it.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

All you need to do is log in to SL, then open your group's Info window.  In the Land and $ tab of that window, change your contribution to 1105 sq m.

So I just need to insert the amount I want to remove (1024) in the "Your Contribution:" box and save it, then those 1024 will be removed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.