Will Linden increase my CPU resources if I add a homestead to my region?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 63 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I currently own a 30k full region and I want to add a homestead to it. I want to ask that, since the homestead obviously will have its own 5k prims and collision calculation, if I add a homestead, will it be processed with the existing CPU resources in my region or Linden will add more CPU resources to it? In other words, will adding a homestead slow down the main region? 

33 minutes ago, DorianaCele said:

In other words, will adding a homestead slow down the main region? 

no

in the past 4 homesteads shared a sim, now everything is in the cloud. While being on one 'sim" with 4 they could lag eachother, while full regions had their own sim.
btw dont confuse this term sim with how many people call a region inworld.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regions have their own isolated slice of compute on the simulator that they run on. Linking another region just means you have two isolated slices of compute next door to each other. You can use this for load-balancing, but it's not one shared pool of compute.

From what I'm aware (and from what I've seen through experimenting), there is no actual difference between a 20 and 30K region asides amount of land impact available. A Homestead-class region has a 5ms script cap, and seems to have some limits as far as maximum number of rezzed objects per second, compared to a 20 or 30K.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 63 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.