I have a problem with "The Second Life Swimmer 3.12"

ChubbyOtter

I recently bought a system for my avatar to swim called "The Second Life Swimmer 3.12" but I have had a lot of problems with it. When I try to touch the water my avatar starts floating through the air without even having activated flight. I have followed the instructions that the creator left on the product and in the product description, but there is no way for my avatar to swim. I've been thinking that maybe the problem is my type of avatar (it's a kobold) but I really want to see if there is someone on the forum who knows how to solve the problem, because I'm afraid to ask the creator about this problem I have. I just hope that I haven't spent so many lindens in vain. If anyone knows anything I would be very grateful :(

I have a swimmer and thought it wasn't doing anything and was broken until I realised I had to click the hud button to turn it on.

If yours makes you fly then it must be turned on as it is doing something. It sounds like the height offset is wrong, perhaps your kobold hud sets the height offset too. Either way I think you should be able to adjust settings in the swim hud to get it working. Probably best to make a copy that you tune for your kobold avatar and use another copy for when you use a human one.

10 hours ago, ChubbyOtter said:

I really want to see if there is someone on the forum who knows how to solve the problem, because I'm afraid to ask the creator about this problem I have.

Don't be. Just look for information about contacting the creator, then explain what's happening politely and specifically. Reviews say that the creator gives good customer service - whether that's true or not can sometimes be a question, but you'll never know unless you ask.

• Like 2

I've been using the freebie swimmer Thor's Oak Swim HUD for years, and it gives me none of the problems I had with swimmers that cost me hundreds. You can set the swim offset also, so that your avi is always at the proper level in the water and everything.

Every avatar I've tried it with has worked fine. This includes Bent Box's Deep One avatar, their Ghoul avatar, and my kid avi.

There seem to be several other vendors offering it, but here is the original vendor's listing for it.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Thors-Oak-Swim-Animations-Test-Version-with-HUD/3308143

Best swimming appliance in SL, in my opinion, and it's free.

• Like 3