Dear Second Life members,

for the past few days my friends have been recipient of spams from different alts of same person. How do we can stop spamming activities in SL from alts of same person or group. SL has been a peaceful land yet few people try to snatch it from residents. Despite repetitive reminders, reporting and blocking spamming alts keep on coming to SL. Is there concrete measure we can take to make it stop happening then please let me know so that I can tell the same to my friends.

Regards

Mitra.  

38 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You can turn on, for a time, only receive IMs from friends.  They'll probably get bored after awhile and move on.  

most spam doesn't come in IM but is send by a object .. the infamous boxes at random locations, altitudes or sandboxes.
Block the object and owner, ánd report.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

Each person that gets one of these spams should AR it, under harassment > targeted behavior meant to disrupt (iirc); if they swear or use foul language in their IMs, use Indecency - Broadly offensive content or conduct

If you know their main acct, add that you suspect <Person name> is behind the spam. LL are the only ones that can figure out if it's true or not and with enough ARs they can take action.

But ultimately, you have the tools available to block and ignore them. And by ignoring them, I mean just that. Do not engage, do not reply. AR, Block, rinse and repeat as needed.