Quality south Asian earrings **with demos**?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been searching my brains out for a nice pair of chandbali or kundan earrings, especially the simpler kind that look like plain metal doilies.  I searched through hundreds of pages on the Market Place until my eyes bleed.  And when I think I've found it... almost every store with quality work has no demos! 😬 I did DM one such shop owner and she was more than happy to create a demo for me... but what a painful way to shop!  Does anyone have suggestions for shops with demos?    (Yes, I know that Zaara has beautiful earrings with demos, but they have a very limited selection with only have one example of this style and it's not really what I'm after...)

You know... like this:

image.png.e53a7c3420c92290fe487743af3330ca.pngimage.png.fab7d648912ea9fb93882af9aaadc535.png

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Jaenie Crystal said:

And when I think I've found it... almost every store with quality work has no demos!

that's pretty much the nature of earrings in SL. WYSIWTG.

The main difference for me, that I look for nowadays, is if they're rigged for lelutka ears or not.

EDIT: I think the other thing would be group gifts or freebies? That would at least give you a reference for the quality of their jewelry.

Edited by Roxy Couturier
added a thought
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Bows to Rowan's shop-fu

Not sure if you'd take a laugh reaction the right way but it was funny!

@Jaenie CrystalKunglers does have demos for some, I can't say whether she has them for all.  Newer stuff, yes.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Not sure if you'd take a laugh reaction the right way but it was funny!

it's exactly the reaction from you I was hoping for. It was meant to be funny, but also a real respect for finding something almost exactly the example given by the OP within a few minutes. Mad respect!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Demos are kind of tough to find for jewelry sometimes. PKC has demos. Maybe a few other stores.

For the style you're looking for, you can also try Mandala, Earthstones, and Lagyo. I'd shop in-world, though. The marketplace doesn't always offer the full inventory.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

KUNGLERS - Celeste earrings

I like making my own jewelry, but I ADORE Kunglers jewelry, I believe I have most of them lol

These earrings hang low so you will need to stretch the neck a bit or they flow into the shoulders.

snapshot

Edited by SpiritSparrow Skydancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

I like making my own jewelry, but I ADORE Kunglers jewelry, I believe I have most of them lol

These earrings hang low so you will need to stretch the neck a bit or they flow into the shoulders.

I think I have it all, too!  Those earrings are also mod so I just made them smaller so I didn't have to stretch my neck too far out of norm.  That's one nice thing about non rigged earrings that I do like.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I think I have it all, too!  Those earrings are also mod so I just made them smaller so I didn't have to stretch my neck too far out of norm.  That's one nice thing about non rigged earrings that I do like.

hah I forgot about that option!

Thanks for you all, I'm finding some good stuff. I'll try to post pics and links.

Wow I haven't rally dabbled in earrings before in SL.  I'm surprised that they're rigid. I realize that if they weren't they'd swing into you head and neck. But I think I'd be more OK with that than the gravity-defying stiff ones.  What do you think?

1 hour ago, Jaenie Crystal said:

Thanks for you all, I'm finding some good stuff. I'll try to post pics and links.

Wow I haven't rally dabbled in earrings before in SL.  I'm surprised that they're rigid. I realize that if they weren't they'd swing into you head and neck. But I think I'd be more OK with that than the gravity-defying stiff ones.  What do you think?

If we had that, we'd also have 'cloth' that does the same thing! Skirts, tops and dresses that move naturally as you move!

6 hours ago, Jaenie Crystal said:

There are some animated earrings here and there.  I have a few pair from Quixe.  They sway back and forth.  I don't know if they have any in the style you're looking for but might be something to check out.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Follys End/210/215/1001.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.