Mesh bodies, mesh heads, and neck fits

I need to branch out from what I have always used - Maitreya and Lelutka - if I want to get a look I'm happy with.

While I get started with looking:

I know there are some heads that come with 2 neck sizes for different bodies.  The unisex heads.  Are there mesh bodies that come with both neck sizes, as well, so I can switch between male and female heads

Is there a clear winner in availability of clothing for a mesh body for someone looking for non-sexualized, non-binary, unisex clothing?  (Im looking at you CZ Slim and Anatomy) I have been limited on the Maitreya body because much of what I like is not made for it.  In fact, much of what I like is only made for male bodies since much of the clothing for female bodies is so revealing and so obviously feminine. 

So far, Jake and Legacy do have quite a few clothing options, but I want a slender softer look and not muscled.  Do they only have male neck fits?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I know there are some heads that come with 2 neck sizes for different bodies.  The unisex heads.  Are there mesh bodies that come with both neck sizes, as well, so I can switch between male and female heads

Bodies with male and female neck fits - CZ Slim and Anatomy. Just to note, if your head is unisex and has two versions (one female neck, one male), you can wear your male fit on any male body and your female fit on any female body. If your ideal head is not unisex, then yeah, a body with both neck fits works well.

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Is there a clear winner in availability of clothing for a mesh body for someone looking for non-sexualized, non-binary, unisex clothing?  (Im looking at you CZ Slim and Anatomy) I have been limited on the Maitreya body because much of what I like is not made for it.  In fact, much of what I like is only made for male bodies since much of the clothing for female bodies is so revealing and so obviously feminine. 

Anatomy's clothing can go very, very feminine. Unisex looks are also available, but the body seems to have landed very much in the feminine presenting arena, including lingerie. There are some basic and niche/alternative male clothing options for it, too, but the wardrobe is nowhere near the standard male bodies. Still, it's gorrrrrgeous and extremely flexible on the sliders. It also has a "soft" version for more feminine looks and a muscled version if you're having a Kario moment.

CZ Slim has more male presenting clothing available and far more weekend sale stuff. It's mostly designed as a slender/thin option for guys. I haven't seen much in the way of female shoes, for example. It also has no alpha HUD, so you'll need to use layers, which is kind of a pain. I cross-dress way too much not to have an alpha HUD.

Legacy and Jake have quite a lot of options, both in the masculine and feminine arena. Jake needs third-party support to wear heels, so that greatly limits shoe options as not many stores support those mods. Legacy has a high heel foot included in their newest update and some stores do fit their shoes and heels for it. Both do have a bit of muscle definition that can't really be softened toooo much, but with the right skins, it's not so bad.

Maitreya, Female Legacy, and Reborn have flat options, though Maitreya 5.3 is probably the best at squeezing into male-fit clothing (lately, I've had luck with Gianni and Legacy fits, and Jake, if the butt isn't ridiculous, lol). There are also stores that carry more tomboy clothes for it - like Red Girl.

• Like 2

Sounds like the most efficient way to approach this is to try all the unisex heads I can find to see if I can shape them into something I like.

Then over time, I can collect any body I want and just plop the same face on it. (I love SL) I am pretty sure my Cora account has the Pride head.  Who else has a unisex head? 

• Like 2

Lelutka has two unisex heads (I think) - River and Zo.
Bespoke has human or mostly human heads with both neck fits (Azure and Yon are probably your safest bets).
Murder of Ravens makes a free neck replacement for Jake so you can wear it with female heads. There will be a neck seam though, so it's up to you whether or not that's a dealbreaker. It's 'Jake female neck converter' on the marketplace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Sounds like the most efficient way to approach this is to try all the unisex heads I can find to see if I can shape them into something I like.

Then over time, I can collect any body I want and just plop the same face on it. (I love SL) I am pretty sure my Cora account has the Pride head.  Who else has a unisex head? 

Human? Akeruka has Pride. Lel has River and Zo. BeSpoke has Yon, Azure (elf, but I believe the ears are optional), Ryker (an older, mature face that makes for some hawt wicked male avies I'm just saying), and Marionette (technically a doll head, but can look very human). All EvoX.

If you want something a bit different (and are okay with using a male head and male body, not unisex), Genus' male Baby M002 is cuuuuuuuuuute! Just mentioning it because I never see it, but it could make some very nice avatars. Not EvoX.

NEW! GENUS Baby Head M002
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Oh man, I REALLY need to branch out! That elendir skin 😍 

/me fans herself

It might be hard to pull off "wallflower"

*grins*

Riiiight? I have issues with Genus for obvious reasons, but woooooo, they are killing it on the male heads. I may have to seriously start considering one.

Have you seen the M002 Classic? OOF.

NEW! GENUS Classic Head M002

Also, if you're open to wearing male non-unisex heads, really dig into Lel's offerings and check out skin stores like Unholy, for example. You can do some THINGS.

Unholy Cornelius on Lelutka Wade:

VELLUM CORNELIUS

Unholy Lestat on Lel Connor:

UNHOLY X The Saturday Sale

Edit: Another trick - you can wear female skins on male heads and male skins on female heads. Yolo. Try it!

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added Stuffs
  • Like 2

Wanna try some free male face skins?

Lumae has a bunch of free group gift skins in the back that include multiple female EvoX faces, M & F Cyclops faces & 1 male EvoX face.

Saturn is the pale greenish skin.  Vintage is the grayish mauve skin. There are some normal tone female skins & face tattoos too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I demo'd every single head mentioned and settled on the Pride head for now.  Same Maitreya body, but thickened the neck.  I still need to choose eyebrows, though.  That will take some time.

image.thumb.jpeg.40f692cce0a218310d794a14161df981.jpeg

I noticed that the shape of the nose, in particular, is somewhat masculine and lends some age (due to its size).

• Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I noticed that the shape of the nose, in particular, is somewhat masculine and lends some age (due to its size).

Thanks!  I may tweak the sliders still, but I was trying to keep away from going too delicate and keeping the stronger features.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Thanks!  I may tweak the sliders still, but I was trying to keep away from going too delicate and keeping the stronger features.

The current overall impression reminds me a little of Sandra Bullock.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I didn't see that until you said it, but, YEAH!  it does kind of look like her.

Masculine nose + feminine facial features otherwise. 

(Definitely not in Barbra Streisand territory.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the thread and for your help in DMs, Cinnamon!  I switched to the Maitreya Flat Chest body and am playing around with the heads I already have (a lot, it seems I have been collecting and never unpacking for this alt!)  I am going to browse the suggestions made above and I agree that finding clothing to fit the Maitreya Flat body that is not "pre-shaped" is a total PITA.

• Like 1

Thoughts on hair:  here is where s/he is now, wearing a WINGSDG hairstyle that is great with a good hairbase.  It is a free group gift.

Rowne_001.thumb.jpg.d3216a0996c2d36668cc0f148b35b721.jpg

I remembered that Tram has a whole wall of free hair, many in great and very short styles.  I had a lot of trouble finding Tram but finally located the store on a sim call Minnaloushe so am about to grab some goodies.

Rowne_006.thumb.jpg.41e3f4dbb19b6e256c061b3472e0273d.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Thoughts on hair:  here is where s/he is now, wearing a WINGSDG hairstyle that is great with a good hairbase.  It is a free group gift.

Rowne_001.thumb.jpg.d3216a0996c2d36668cc0f148b35b721.jpg

I remembered that Tram has a whole wall of free hair, many in great and very short styles.  I had a lot of trouble finding Tram but finally located the store on a sim call Minnaloushe so am about to grab some goodies.

Rowne_006.thumb.jpg.41e3f4dbb19b6e256c061b3472e0273d.jpg

I like the look you've styled! I haven't checked out Wings, yet but it is on my list.  Modulus, Vango, and No Match are in my current demo folder waiting on me to make some decisions. 

• Thanks 1