World Builder - What Second Life one day may be? - handkerchiefs ready

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The wife is in hospital with a neurological illness, in a coma I reckon.

And they use virtual worlds to try and activate some of ehr memories, get her to wake up.

OR she is just a vegetable and the husband uses the virtual world to find a way to see her again.

Interestingly enough she is not allowed to see him, there are no other people either.

But it has something to do with memories.

ya thats right..she was in a coma..i haven't seen it in awhile hehehe..

i think the reason he can't be seen is because then she may fall into a deeper sleep thinking she is awake if he is there also..probably more than that comes into play also..like messing with memories..her having a memory and him not doing what she remembered ..

That was a beautiful pantomime.  It brought tears to my eyes.  Charlie Chaplin with his pantomime has brought tears to my eyes a few times.  It reminded of some old silent films (except not with overly expressive pantomine), and except futuristic.  Bravo!

Deserves a comment here too.

Is this not what we aspire to do in SL? (The emotion and connection of mind and physical)?

To have it protrayed in this fashion is astounding and such a shock. (in a good and nice way).

Every single neuron of thought I have ever put into designing my simple stuff and the sheer

ecstacy and delight of seeing it *exist.. hits home hard upon viewing World Builder.

It should be called Rock your World-builder I think.

I don't really watch TV or movies so the effect might possibly be multiplied on me ;o

Thank you Jo.

Yes, I was wondering IF that was a short film because it certainly IS good enough to be.  Then I read the link in Keli's post, and it said that yes this short film has been submitted and has won awards.

I think the ending is very Chaplinesque, the part where he puts the flower in the vase; that's Chaplinesque.  (As in Charlie Chaplin). 

Anyhow, I thought it was brilliant, and I think the writer of the film maybe a Chaplin/pantomime fan like me.  If I wrote a blog, I certainly would have given the writer credit for his brilliant Chaplinesque ending. 

Also, changing the color of the flower, that instantly reminded of the brilliance of Charlie Chaplin (not that they had color during silent films, but some silent films have been colorized... so that changing of the color of the flower could still be very Chaplinesque, although Chaplin has used the symbolism of one simple flower to convey such a powerful message of love and hope in many ways in his films and used it well, as did this writer).

ETA:  If you enjoy movies like this with a lot of symbolism, I'd highly recommend the brilliant movie "The Tiger and the Snow".  Don't read the Wikipedia on "The Tiger and the Snow" tho as I just went to read the Wikipedia on "The Tiger and the Snow" and it gave away the whole plot and would ruin the movie for you if you read the Wiki first before renting it. 

Also, I just read the Wiki on this short film, World Builder, and the writer of the Wiki did catch on to the magnificent symbolism of just that one simple flower.   Again, all I can say is, well done! 

Omg, anyone who has ever created a prim or edited color will immediately feel a connection to the beginning of the film, even the instance where you can almost imagine him holding down shift and drag to replicate.

Anyone who has ever been alive will feel a connection to the beauty and wonder of the tiniest of details, the wonder and beauty inherent in a single flower and how just taking the few extra moments there at the end to admire that flower, even though his time was almost up...

As a photographer I felt it especially when after it all, after seeing her admire the flower, after watching her wander the street he had recreated from hours spent going over the photos in his mind, he now had another photo to treasure the moment he had just helped to create.

Thank you for sharing this Mrs. Yardley. Thank you so much.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.