Harassment

NightmareXIII

Question

this guy keeps harassing a friend of mine over and over even after she blocked him on everything, So he gifts 1L to send her these vulgar messages, I reported and Linden has done nothing

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Sad 2

7 answers to this question

I'm so sorry this is happening to your friend. I hope in future she never gives out any identifying information to anyone in sl she doesn't want to meet in rl. I don't know what she can do except wait it out and be prepared to get the police involved if he does something in rl. Also, you may need to erase all names on the image you posted. It's against the forum rules to name and shame here. 

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
In addendum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NightmareXIII said:

this guy keeps harassing a friend of mine over and over even after she blocked him on everything, So he gifts 1L to send her these vulgar messages, I reported and Linden has done nothing

If your friend is the one being harassed, then your friend needs to submit the AR.  

Additionally, your post needs to be modified ASAP to remove the last picture and the same part of the first picture -- that language is not allowed in the forums.

If RL truly is being threatened, then the police need to be contacted.

• Like 1

Sounds like this person is possessive and has some problems just because it's online they did get their way. So I would have your friend contact their friends or whatever and ignore this Azzhat. If friends do not support make new firends  move on. Anyone can start over, you don't have to deal with people like this.  What they are doing is harassing and blackmailing with racism  those things that are against the law in real life and against tos. Sl will put their foot down perma  ban this kind of outrage. I leave up to sl they will get to soon as they can just have your friend start over. 

It takes a while for Ticket to go through as it's the end of the day business hours. Calling support on the phone would be best sl can look into if they do not allow this kind of harassment. I would have your friend go to Comm on top On-line status to auto respond , Uncheck things under general , Profile at bottom uncheck in search , On main page go under. Privacy and notifications and only let friends uncheck what they need to.  And tell her to save her words in notecard off profile, take photos out of profile and delete picks. They need to report a few of the things the person has sent. Tell your friend to exit from the account for a while and use a different one go location where this person can not bother them.  

Edited by Sapphirerosethorns
  • Like 2

• Moles

I've removed the screenshot because it was possible to read the name of the avatar complained about, despite the attempt to redact it, and also because of some of the quoted language used.

The person receiving these messages needs to submit an Abuse Report for harassment -- Governance need to receive the report from them, not from a third party.   I think the friend receiving these messages should also consider contacting RL law enforcement.

I'm now locking the thread because these forums are not the place to discuss abusive behaviour by other residents.   That needs to be handled by an abuse report.

• Like 2