Someone is faking me on pictures in SL. AI/avi copying program

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 78 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

They aren't faking pictures of YOU. It's your avatar which you don't own any copyright to it or can prevent anyone from scanning you and figuring out how to look exactly like you.

Also, what do you care if they are sending things to your EX partner in SL. He's an ex. Does it really matter.

Everyone else said anything else I wanted to point out. Maybe we should open a VS thread? (I'm kidding!)

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 3

I didn't see the pictures, but anyone who did says the avatars in the pictures look generic. Which means people aren't going to look at them and think it's you. Even if someone did think it was you, that's just an avatar that looks like yours, which is what you'd say.

The root problem seems to be that your ex is involving you in his drama. He went after people, so they're attacking him back. Ask him to stop telling you about it. Block anyone involved who contacts you. Don't comment on the pictures or anything like that (if you can delete any public replies you might have made, do that). It's his problem, so leave it as his problem.

• Like 1

Just a thought but, if they are putting images on the second life web feed I wouldn't really worry because most people don't even know it is there or use it.  Also, it may be possible to report them for sexually explicit web feed pictures because I don't think you are supposed to post sexy time pics on your web feed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, usedcars said:

i wouldnt let what goes on in flickr get to you.   Don't let someone  get to you over some pictures they are making.  i think if you get involved with someone in SL.  you can tell them about it otherwise just ignore them. 

I agree. Warning any potential partners about the situation, then fully ignoring the person creating these pictures is the best that you can do. The more you react the more the "stalker" will feel compelled to do it. If you ignore them completely, they will get tired of it eventually.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Clem Marques said:

I agree. Warning any potential partners about the situation, then fully ignoring the person creating these pictures is the best that you can do. The more you react the more the "stalker" will feel compelled to do it. If you ignore them completely, they will get tired of it eventually.

I'm not even sure I would warn any potential partners unless you were positive they would catch wind of it.  If someone told me that I'd hesitate to even become involved as it sounds like a lot of drama.  Just like in RL don't talk about your ex to new interest or on a date.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 78 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.