Is there an easier way?

Good Day!
I have just become a premium plus member and I can't wait to get into another home! 
Is there an easy way to pack up all my stuff from my Belli home to get ready to move into my new house?
I've been in Beli for 5 yrs now so I'm not sure of the process of getting a new home.
Any and all help is appreciated 

If you are moving to a home that is the exact same style as the home you now have, you can make it faster to furnish your new home by taking up parts of your decor as "coalesced objects".  I generally do that room-by-room and put all the coalesced objects in a single folder titled something like  "FURNISH Belli Trad Winchester <region name>".  You don't really want to take ALL of your stuff as a single coalesced object, because when you go to rez it again, it probably will go over the border of your parcel, and either not rez at all or only some of the items will rez.

Another approach is to put it all in a rezzer (if it's all copiable), but that involves putting a script in each linkset, so unless you've linked most of the stuff already to each other, that's time consuming.

But if you're going to get a different style home, no, you just pick it all up, or delete it, piece by piece, AFAIK.

------

Basically to get a new home, you just first abandon your current one.  If you don't pick up your stuff first, it will be returned to whoever owns it as a single coalesced object, which is messy to sort out, and risky if you have nocopy items.

Then, as a premium plus member, you have two options to get a new home.

1.  Select a new home that you really like and submit a ticket to support to get it allocated to you.  It must be in a region that is released (region name does not start with SSP), and must not belong to someone else (check the land menu!).  OR

2.  Log into the land page on the website, choose the theme you're most interested in, and the land page will give you a random parcel in that theme.  NOTE: if you don't see the theme you're interested in, check the last page - themes that currently have no open parcels are listed last.  You can do this 5 times within 24 hours.

I'm skipping a lot of details, but those are the basics.

• Like 3

if you have just gone premium plus, you most likely want to move from your previous belli home to either a Ranch or a Mediterranean. In either case, the houses are different than whatever you had as a premium member. Your best bet is to pick up furniture room by room, and maybe put each room in a separate subfolder so you  can easily find it to arrange in the corresponding room of the new house.

Nika did a good job summarizing the two ways to get a home. The thing to remember on the premium plus homes is that everyone has the same ability to ticket a desirable location, so you may not get the one you want... someone may beat you to it. For that reason it is good to list multiple choices on a ticket.. you are only allowed 3 tickets for every 30 days. So do something like 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice, 4th choice.

Or you can log on to the land page and choose a theme. If you dont like the location they give you, you can always abandon it and choose another one. You get up to 5 choices every 24 hours. At the moment as I write this, there are 39 ranch homes and 47 mediterranean homes available. That is a lot of places, so hopefully you will land a location you like within your first day's allotted tries (we call them "rolls").

Good Luck. I hope you find a place you love.

• Like 3

When I move from one house to another, I typically have little collections or rooms of collections that I want to be able to find without sorting through my inventory to find each object. So I've developed a little system. I first rez a prim in the center of the room and name it something that identifies that grouping for me. For example, I may rez a prim in the middle of my kitchen. So I will name the prim kitchen with a date and the name of the house style. Ex. -> kitchen, 4.2.24, houseboat shorething. Then I will target each object in the kitchen targeting the named prim last and pick up the whole thing. I repeat that process for all the rooms in the house. I then drop all of these coalesced objects into a folder named appropriately so I know which house and time frame the items were picked up. I've done this so many times now that my folder of "picked up stuff from houses" is quite full. It really does help me to find groupings I've made in the past and want to reuse. 

One thing to remember if you use this little system, you might not want to include no copy items. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 4/2/2024 at 10:30 PM, Blush Bravin said:

One thing to remember if you use this little system, you might not want to include no copy items. 

YES, highly recommended!  Ask me how I know.............  😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2