Need a multiple idem group gift outfit for non-store promotion

jamiesizzle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I saw a posting in the forums about using the creator forum to request group gift items. I was looking for full perm items to retexture and offer as luck chair type items to offer at my sim as a perk for visiting and increasing traffic but most items prohibit gifting even if you change the permissions. The post I read said that he had used the forums to request such items from creators directly. I'm not sure if this is right and if not does anyone know where to obtain gift items or do you have to learn blender?

• Like 1

You are probably looking at "work for hire" which may cost more than what you want.   You can "now" upload items from the web (being careful to read THEIR User License  of course)  so you wouldn't need to learn too much Blender. It is important if using free web downloads that you understand that SL wants LOW POLY MESH and not that made for photographs or filming. 

Most of the time creators make their own items for lucky chairs  AND to be honest the lucky chair - lucky board era has pretty much disappeared except in a few places that offer very nice (hand made) items to their groups. 

10 hours ago, jamiesizzle said:

I was looking for full perm items to retexture and offer as luck chair type items to offer at my sim as a perk for visiting and increasing traffic but most items prohibit gifting even if you change the permissions.

If you don't mind giving away older now outdated sculpt items i have some full perm kits that allow for giving away free/gifting, if you are still looking for items. A lucky chair/board alone won't drive traffic to your location, i have one inworld even midnight mania almost no one visits just for them. however i find them a nice bonus if a place happens to have one 

Thanks for the replies. I am aware that the lucky chairs aren't a good traffic generator and are being discontinued. I was trying to revive the idea at my sim while people are grinding at an inworld game, there are many participating sims that all make an effort to stand out and attract players. I thought if people had a chance to collect a game related outfit while they grind and look for their letter to come up it would be a novel approach to the lucky chair. I can't create mesh and probably wouldn't want to pay for development kits to do so. I have used full perm items to retexture to my liking and thought of doing that but the TOS pretty much only allow me to resell or keep for myself as I read them. I really appreciate the offer Claireschen your items are lovely and with a retexture probably a wonderful fit but part of the plan was to create a sense of collecting the set. Kind of like what you got with the gatchas. Thanks for the help guys.

How do you feel about 7Seas fishing? Sn@tch used to have fishing for outfits, with Lucky Boards and those boards that go to a lower price when more avatars are around near the fishing area. I liked the social element of trading pieces of clothing, but maybe it's pointless now with mesh clothing that would probably only be 3 or 4 pieces in each outfit?

I used to love Sn@tch miss her and her store. That is the vibe I was attempting to create but I don't have any clothing myself I just wanted to retexture  something for the folks that are grinding on my arcade machines. But I think I look at another angle thanks for all the suggestions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.