LindeX Failure

Mitzzeee

Question

Hi,

I keep getting  "An attempt to purchase Linden Dollars for your account via the LindeX page on secondlife.com has failed." I have never had this issue before. Yes I have enough funds and yes my card is valid till 2027. 

Any suggestions please

18 answers to this question

All right.

I've been given a pretty straightforward solution:

1.) From your Second Life Dashboard, click the Account dropdown and go to Billing Information.

2.) Simply remove and re-add the payment method of your choice to your account.

This did the trick for me.  I should have tried it sooner, but the problem seemed so out-of-nowhere, I just assumed there was some kind of server-side snafu that needed sorted out.

Anyone still having problems with this, hopefully this works for you. 😄

Edited by Kalithess
Clarification

Hi, I keep getting 

"An attempt to purchase Linden Dollars for your account via the LindeX page on secondlife.com has failed." 

I have never had this issue before. Yes I have enough funds and yes my card is valid till 2027.

I was and have been able to purchase lindens until today.

Any suggestions please

2 hours ago, Mitzzeee said:

Hi, I keep getting 

"An attempt to purchase Linden Dollars for your account via the LindeX page on secondlife.com has failed." 

I have never had this issue before. Yes I have enough funds and yes my card is valid till 2027.

Any suggestions please

Check if your limits are reached?

On 3/7/2024 at 10:32 AM, Mitzzeee said:

Hi, I keep getting 

Any suggestions please

I've the same problem and so do others. It's an LL issue.

This is like my eighth failed attempt in the past twenty-four hours.  I've checked: there is no freeze or limit in effect, and nothing is expired.  I made a digital purchase of a video game last with the same method on a different platform and encountered no issues.

Are we any closer to resolving this?  I'm getting a serious case of FOMO with all these shopping events going on. 😆

Still waiting on a reply for my support ticket.  Starting to think the support offices are closed until Monday.  There have been multiple maintenances conducted over the weekend, but I still can't get more L$.  Going on three days now.  Hopefully those weekend sales last...

Again, I too am having problems suddenly as well exactly like this and things were fine a month or so ago. I've checked the card but it's fine, and attempting to connect PayPal didn't want to activate either. The only L$ appears to increase is via Premium Bonus per week (I think?) and using what I've got there seems perfectly fine but attempting to try to add L$ seems erroneous. Judging from quite a batch of topics I'm seeing here now overtime suddenly, it seems I'm certainly not the only one with this problem. If a lot of peeps are suddenly hit by this, I wonder if it's a mass update they have to adjust soon? For now I'll wait and see (at least the Premium Billing went through safely) if it'll be fixed overtime as I tried again tonight but the same problem persists even if a week later. 

No reply on my support ticket
No pertinent news on the Grid Status or Twitter pages

I still can't get more L$

Does anyone know for how much longer LeLutka's new head is going to be 50% off?  The Skin Fair event ends March 24 (I think), but I don't know for sure about that sale.

I'm crossing my fingers that I can get more lindens before then. 😔

Billing Department
Our Billing team is available from 6am to 2pm PST, Monday through Friday.
Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277

I believe you can also use Skype to make a free call from.anywhere.

Hello so glad I have found this thread. I to have been having this same problem. I have done the change the payment card, called the bank, sent a ticket to linden Lab, provided verified email and passport and still no Linden. Does anybody have an update to what the problem is. With so many people having this problem I'm guessing the vendors are not going to be very happy.

I was at risk at first when suddenly the monthly payment roll came in and it didn't get through; however, I think the problem may have been resolved by now as I had to delete and re-insert the card info then it got through so far. I'll be purchasing stuff to make sure it's absolutely fine though, so don't take my word just yet till I edit this... be right back.

• Like 1