Best "budget" male body?

takemasaa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What's easier to make, clothing that always covers the body no matter how extreme the avatar's movements might be or adding a script that activates the appropriate alpha cuts and then deactives them when the clothing is removed?  Seriously, which is easier for a clothing creator? 

It's certainly a valid question.

• Like 1

I never took stock of which clothing I own has autohide, so I don't know which stores do it. I believe Bartimeu does, but don't quote me. I'm also not sure if they create anything for Jake as I'm Legacy. Though it's important to note - if you use outfits to change, autohide isn't always going to be reliable, either. I've had to tweak things manually when swapping avatars via Outfits on occasion.

Autohide is not really something I've ever felt was necessary, though. Fiddling with alphas is just part of the game, unfortunately. No clothing can account for the entire range of avatar movement, and my avatars move a LOT due to me liking very active AOs and dances. I still may have to jump in and hide parts of my shoulders, chest, or back, despite the top hiding the more necessary areas automatically.

HUDs do make the process considerably easier, though. I have no desire to mess with bodies that solely rely on alpha layers. That's TOO fiddly for my liking.

• Like 1

I remember in the past. I had a standard mesh cloth (not sure of the name) and alpha. The alpha cloth hide the part of the body and then the cloth was perfect. Now for a reason when I wear the alpha that does not change anything. I try al and impossible to make it working.  To know if bom is working is the red alpha. I don't have the red then I have BOM. 

2 hours ago, Gabriel Isodo said:

I remember in the past. I had a standard mesh cloth (not sure of the name) and alpha. The alpha cloth hide the part of the body and then the cloth was perfect. Now for a reason when I wear the alpha that does not change anything. I try al and impossible to make it working.  To know if bom is working is the red alpha. I don't have the red then I have BOM. 

It would help if you told us what mesh body you are using.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gabriel Isodo said:

Jake

I think there is a trick to getting alphas to work on the Belleza bodies - go to the skin tab of the HUD and click on the Blend button located next to the BoM button. If that does not work, post back here and maybe someone else has a tip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I think there is a trick to getting alphas to work on the Belleza bodies - go to the skin tab of the HUD and click on the Blend button located next to the BoM button. If that does not work, post back here and maybe someone else has a tip.

Look at the skin tap. I have a BOM button that I use. But where is the Blend Button can you show me?

ksnip_20240412-123922.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gabriel Isodo said:

Look at the skin tap. I have a BOM button that I use. But where is the Blend Button can you show me?

ksnip_20240412-123922.png

The button that says "None" in your picture. Each time you click it, it will change between "None," "Mask" and "Blend." Click it until it says "Mask."

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Gabriel Isodo said:

OK now that button is good when you have alpha in the directory.

Where to find cloth for Jake without holes when no alpha is in the pack? Do you have a list of shop where I can go ?

Mazzaro and the other stores in the same building have a lot of clothes for the weekend sales for men. Always try the demo first.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Heartbreak/106/108/23

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.