Old secondary account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 83 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

10 years ago I had another account in SL...I can remember my username,,but not my password..I also had another email back then and the emailcompagny is long gone !!!! How do I get acces to that profile ???  

Reg,,, Filurs

6 hours ago, Rikkevibeke said:

Hello

10 years ago I had another account in SL...I can remember my username,,but not my password..I also had another email back then and the emailcompagny is long gone !!!! How do I get acces to that profile ???  

Reg,,, Filurs

Open a Support ticket and give as much info about the account as you can.  LL will provide instructions on what you need to do to verify ownership of the account.  As long as you never requested it to be deleted, it will still be ther.

• Like 2

They will ask things like the names of some of the people on your friends list (5, I think) so be thinking about details like that. You don't need to include those in the support ticket. These are things they will ask once they have received the ticket to verify you are the owner of that account. Give them the account name and the email if you remember it. Those will get the ball rolling.

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Select "Account Issue" from the first drop down and "Reactivate old account" from the second. Fill in the rest of the requested information. If the account still exists, LL will contact you, asking for proof that you owned the original account. There is a US$9.95 fee for reactivation.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

I just reactivated one of mine, luckily the email address still worked. All they did was ask my security question, and I was good.

And yes its free to reactivate now, no charge, they figure they will make money on you updating your avi. Kinda hard to update a simple rotating prim ball, unless you want a mesh ball 😂

phorumitiesbunny.png

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff
  • Like 1

The last time I got an old account reactivated, they asked me what city and state I was in when I created the account.  That could be a tricky one because my current ISP always shows me at a city about 20 miles away.  I gave them a few cities, explaining why I was providing a few.

I haven't been asked about folks on my Friends list in more than a decade now.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 83 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.