AVSitter help with animation name conventions

I apologize if this has been asked many times before but I have done many searches and have found nothing in either the AVsitter online documentation nor here.  It seems very basic so I'm a bit perplexed.

All of the AVSitter examples and tutorials I can find use an example animation with a name that is contiguous with no spaces, such as 'sit1'.  Most animations I have often have a space between the name such as 'sit 1'.  This space creates an issue when I build my own menus but doesn't seem to be an issue when I peek under the hood of many other pieces of furniture I have purchased that use the exact same AVSitter system and scripts.  When I look at the notecards of furniture I've purchased I see plenty of POSE statements with animations with a space such as:

POSE F5|[RNP] Sit #139_Deep seat sofa_Female

I added the above pose statement to a piece of furniture I purchased and it worked fine.  However, if I create my own from scratch - and try the exact same statement - I get an error message of :

Could not find animation '[RNP]'

I've been forced to concatenate all animation names to make it work which seems ridiculous to me - and especially so given that I can see clearly that others don't have to do this.  I have all of the required scripts in place.  I've tried everything I can think of and am stuck.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

There are no name conventions as such, the only thing you have to take care of is that the animation file name in Av setup notecard and in the content of the object are exactly the same.

For example, you can not tell avsitter to play animation "sit1" via notecard command line and expect of it to find animation "sit 1" in the content object.

The message you got is telling you that AvSitter is searching animation named [RNP] in the notecard and can not find such an animation in the object content.

So, the first step is to check if both have exactly the same name.

Hi Rohana,

Thanks for the reply.  I am aware of the issue that you mention and that is not what I am experiencing.  The issue isn't that I am missing the exact spelling (including case sensitive) but when the exact spelling includes a space in the name AVSitter does not seem to recognize it and wants to truncate the animation name to only what come before any space.

To provide an example:  I open the AVpos notecard in a piece of furniture that I have purchased and works fine.  Say one of the POSE statements references an animation called "sit 1".  All works fine with this furniture I have purchased.

Now I take that exact same POSE statement and copy it into a piece I am working on, and I also of course include the animation "sit 1" in my piece.  If I do this I will get an error message saying  'can't find animation sit' as it is not recognizing the space between 'sit' and '1'.  If I rename the animation to sit1 to eliminate the space and also change the POSE statement to reflect the name change then it all works fine - but for the life of me I cannot get it to recognize the full correct name of any animation that has a space in the name.

I've had at least one other person reach out to me and say they are having the same issue so at least I don't feel like I'm the only crazy one.

Just to reiterate - I created an AVSitter project a few months back with about 20 animations.  It works fine.  I know how to make AVSitter work - but the only way was to take the spaces out of any animation names I used.  I was able to do that and I can continue to do that - it just seems ridiculous that I have to do this, especially as I see others do not.

Edited by Nicola Lierfatte

@Nicola Lierfatte  As you can see yourself in the line: POSE F5|[RNP] Sit #139_Deep seat sofa_Female, I have no mercy when naming my animations, and even I never recommend using them with original names in creations, it is working as long as notecard memory runs out. I honestly never heard of anyone having this problem. But since AVSitter has gone under open source license (or whatever it is called), there are modified scripts around, and some problems might be caused by script modifications, so it is important to be sure you have the original set of scripts. Also, you might want to ask for help and original scripts in Unofficial AVsitter Support Group.

• 3 months later...