More Stack-Heap collisions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 92 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I dusted off some older AO (Sassy Ponygirl AO) in my inventory and now encounter instant "Stack-Heap-Collisions" on init/rezzing of it in some regions.

In some regions memory on init shows 7% free, in others its just 1% and crashes. I would expect it to be the same and not vary by region.

Did something change with Script memory handling in recent updates?

Saw the thread and since my friend is into that stuff we gave it a quick test. No script errors on SLS or either of 4 RCs, shows 4% memory free on each. That's the default/untouched copy of this AO, so try a fresh one if you haven't already. If it's not that, then hard to say, maybe some regions are just not doing well?

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 1

• Lindens
5 hours ago, Kathrine Jansma said:

Ok, thank you for testing. Guess it was just bad luck with my sample regions than.

LSL is getting attention these days and sometimes that means new bugs.  If you're seeing a repeatable failure, please file a bug report with script, inventory, and region details.  You may not be imagining things...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kathrine Jansma said:

In some regions memory on init shows 7% free, in others its just 1% and crashes. I would expect it to be the same and not vary by region.

It depends on what the script is doing. For example, it could open a listening private channel, and if some other script in the region is posting to that channel, the text will consume stack space (and maybe heap space, if the script stores it in some variable) in the listening script...

Without the script sources, it is hard to tell what is ”normal” or not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 92 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.