New to SL, need head suggestions for a 'sweet guy' look

jasonvolgin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone! I joined SecondLife about 2 months ago, and it's been such a blast! Currently, I've been using the free Senra body, but now I'm on the lookout for a proper male head. I recently got the Belleza Jake body, and it's making me pretty happy.

I also got a LeLutka free head for Christmas, which is awesome, but it's giving off more of a "mean" vibe than the "sweet" look I'm aiming for. I'm hoping to achieve a slightly feminine, boyish appearance, around 18-20, with minimal facial hair. All the heads I've checked out so far seem a bit too "manly" for my taste.

Any suggestions on stores or places where I can find what I'm looking for? Just need a little nudge in the right direction!

Edited by jasonvolgin

You can achieve that look with a male Lelutka head, or one of their unisex ones (Zo or River). You can also take a look at Akeruka's EvoX line for more options.

A lot of that, however, will come down to the skin you choose. Take a look at Ives Beauty - their skins are a bit more youthful in appearance and can achieve the look you might be going for. I believe Ives matches Velour body skin tones, but check the notecard that comes with your demos just to be sure. Random examples below:

On Lelutka Kris:

✧🎄 XMAS GIFT 1/2 —"KADEN" SKIN

On Lel Wade:

🐯 YGOR.

On Lel Ford:

BRUNO.

On Lel Eon:

BRIAN.

JONAS.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

don't aim just for heads, get inspiration on the MP, in the shapes section, youll see there is a lót more than what the head advertorials show as possible
The free kris head has hundreds of possible looks.
and demo... can't be said enough times...

(always keep in mind that the pics on MP often are photoshopped, )\

and a please... do not change the original color of writing on the forums, quite some people use the dark mode, and this is what they see:

image.thumb.png.c1c3febcfb10f85fd883cba78d24d4ca.png

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

Kris does look kinda mean, doesn't he? 😂 I've got my alt wearing him for an RP character right now because the RP character is mean. Before spending more money, demo some skins and shapes and see what you can come up with. 

ETA: The head I had on him before that was too "nice" was Quinn, so that might be one to demo! I tried to make him a biker once while still on Quinn and he just looked like a real sweetheart.

Edited by Psyche Starling
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jasonvolgin said:

Hey everyone! I joined SecondLife about 2 months ago, and it's been such a blast! Currently, I've been using the free Senra body, but now I'm on the lookout for a proper male head. I recently got the Belleza Jake body, and it's making me pretty happy.

I also got a LeLutka free head for Christmas, which is awesome, but it's giving off more of a "mean" vibe than the "sweet" look I'm aiming for. I'm hoping to achieve a slightly feminine, boyish appearance, around 18-20, with minimal facial hair. All the heads I've checked out so far seem a bit too "manly" for my taste.

Any suggestions on stores or places where I can find what I'm looking for? Just need a little nudge in the right direction!

There are lots of options to choose from, but Lelutka is the most popular nowadays, so it's probably better to stick to that brand. It'll be easier to find items made for it. That being said, the Eon head is one that I'd recommend for the look you described, and the Logan head as well. It's possible to make some very sweet-looking avatars with those, and they're quite versatile. @Alwin Alcott's suggestion to check out the shapes in the MP is one I highly recommend, it lets you see some of what's possible to create with each type of head in an easy way.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for all the Advice & Ideas.....Those Ives Beauty skins look so good & I'll definitely be trying those out.
I have the LeL Eon Head too, so thanks for that suggestion - I'm going to try the Kris Head as well as Eon now
MP has become my source for Demos, but will visit the Stores in-world too

The Virtual Bloke Guy Blog'd now saved so I can look at that as well

Thanks to you all for replying!!!

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.